Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2012 01:00

Need a driver support for Dell Inspiron 14R N4010

Hi,

I have the Dell Inspiron 14R N4010 because of some problem I format the HDD &  install the windows7 operating system. Somehow I lost my driver CD so now I am downloading driver from DELL site and installing one bye one till now everything is fine but suddenly I found that, In Device manager it showing that, Ethernet controller driver, Network driver is not installed, so I download all the network driver from DELL Site. 

But when I am trying to install it giving me the message that network adaptor is not installed so my question any one know which specific driver I need to install first for this network related issue?

Thanks

Gladiator....

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

March 29th, 2012 01:00

Hi Gladiator,

Welcome to the Community.

After reinstalling Windows 7, did you install the drivers in the  correct order?

To find the correct order in which drivers needs to be installed use the link below:

support.dell.com/.../document

You can download the Network(LAN) driver from the link below:(Ethernet Controller)

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Now if you are also looking for the WLAN wireless (Network Controller) Driver that depends on the wireless card which you got with the system( could be Dell wireless card or Intel wireless card).

If you are not able to figure that out,private message me your system service tag number, I will have a check on the wireless card and let you know.To private message,accept my friend request,click on my user name,click on start converstaion.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

Roshan.

March 29th, 2012 03:00

Hi Roshan,

Thanks for the reply!!!!!

As suggested, I download all the driver and will install it again in mentioned orderly pattern then will let you know the outcome. As said I send the friend request as well, please accept it.

Regards,

Harshad

March 29th, 2012 22:00

Hi, 

The following screenshot is from device manager, which showing the network controller driver not installed, Please suggest me which driver I forgot to install, 

117 Posts

March 29th, 2012 23:00

So here's my quick suggestion go into the properties for the network controller, go to the details tab, select hardware ID, post that screen or the text in the first line in the box...

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

March 31st, 2012 09:00

Hi Harshad,

I checked your system details and you need to install the driver for Dell Wireless WLAN 1501 Half Mini-Card (4313bgn).

You can download and install the driver  from the link below:

Also you can install the driver for the bluetooth card from the link below:

Let me know if it works.

Thank You

Roshan.

1 Message

April 21st, 2012 19:00

hi roshan,

i got problem with my inspiron n4010 too.. as i understand, this lappy were created for win7 64bit version.. & yesterday my lappy crashed, so reinstalled it back by using win7 pro 32bit.. all drivers i could managed to got it from internet, except network controller, still give me yellow sign in device manager.. currently i'm using atheros ar8152 pci-e as for the ethernet controller.. if i'm using normal internet connection via ethernet port, there is no problem at all, but i can't use & can't manage to find the wifi driver for my lappy.. & i think this yellow sign for network controller is for my wifi.. need your help, since i've tried to update it automatically thru internet, but still can't manage to found it..here's my lappy details:

model: inspiron n4010 service tag:

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 1st, 2012 06:00

Hi rezarazu,

Welcome to the Community,

Sorry for the delay in response.I've checked your system configuration and the type of wireless card with which the system was shipped.

You can use the link below to install the wireless card driver:

http://dell.to/InfEwb

Hope this helps,

Thank You,

Roshan

1 Message

September 11th, 2012 13:00

hi roshan

plz suggest  me, i have N4010 insprion   n  i  had a problem for network controller driver which means  my wifi didnt  work  so  which driver  should i install   n also  i try  to install proper driver for dell site n  also product  river but  my problem is same didnot match the driver  so  what can i do  ro  plz suggest me.

thanking,

greatujja

1.8K Posts

September 11th, 2012 13:00

Hi Greatujjal,

You can uninstall and reinstall the wireless drivers for your computer.

To uninstall and re install the drivers:

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
  • Click on “Manage”.
  • Click on “Device Manager”.
  • Under “Network adapters”, you will find the wireless card listed.
  • Right click on it and click on “uninstall”. (Check and make a note of the driver installed on your system and re-install the wireless driver from the below steps accordingly).
  • Check the box to delete the software.

Restart your system and click on the below link:

http://dell.to/OukFUO

Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system.

• You will find the wireless driver under “Network”.
  • Click on the Wireless driver depending on the network card your system has. (Install the same wireless driver which you uninstalled from “Device Manager”.
  • Click on “Download File”.
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”.
  • Save the driver on your desktop.
  • Once the driver is saved on desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
  • Install the wireless driver by following the on screen instructions.
  • Check if the issue is resolved or not.

I am adding you as a friend; please accept my friend request and send me a private message with the system Service Tag so that I can check the system details and help you further.

Please reply in case you have further questions.

1 Message

August 9th, 2013 03:00

I cant access internet on my DELL INSPIRON 14R through LAN ,I have no idea about Network Controller Driver and PCI Simple Communication Controller so please tell From where i have to download this drivers,i visit dell.support website but i didn't find these drivers on it. 

807 Posts

August 9th, 2013 04:00

There are 5 variations of the Inspiron 14R, which one is yours?

Also provide your OS (32bit / 64bit)

And advise if you've recently re-installed the OS

1 Message

November 29th, 2013 12:00

I WANT ETHERNET CONTROLLER DRIVERS

March 17th, 2014 13:00

Hi Roshan,

I have the same issue but I have driver CD, my Hardware IDs added below.

could you help me Pls. 

117 Posts

March 17th, 2014 21:00

Look at your wireless drivers :)

March 18th, 2014 14:00

Thanks Terry, 

Up drive (with direct link path) fixed the issue.

No Events found!