Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2007 19:00

ADD2 card has ADD

Greetings, I received and installed a sDVO ADD2-N Dual Pad x16 card
from Dell, appears to be manuf'd by Silicon Graphics. It is installed in an Optiplex
GX280 I am typing on right now. The ADD2 adapter card is DVI and is
plugged into a Dell 19" LCD via the DVI interface. The primary monitor
is plugged into the GX280's built-in DB15 analog VGA port.
When I boot the GX280 the POST screen output is visible on both displays,
then the Windows splash screen appears and is visible on both displays. When
the splash screen fades to black so does the secondary monitor. The green power
light turns to amber indicating no signal to the 2nd montior, only the primary
display shows output. I have downloaded & installed the latest 82915G/GV/910GL chipset
driver from Intel but no change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by ITWhippingBoy on 05-02-2007 09:13 AM

1 Message

May 2nd, 2007 22:00

Forgive me if you've already checked this.

I would suggest checking your display settings and making sure that your second display is flagged as active and set to a resolution supported by your device.

May 3rd, 2007 14:00

All is forgiven.  If I attempt to check the #2 monitor in the Graphics Properties, the one that states "Extend my deskop onto this monitor",  and then click "Apply,  it immediately unchecks it.  The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator driver s/w also has it's own graphics properties dashboard, when you invoke it there is a message indicating "Note: two displays must be connected to this computer before you can use this feature...".  So it has detected there is no 2nd monitor attached.

Here's another monkey wrench in the stew:  I plopped this card in a GX620 and it works just as pretty as you please, didn't have to do a thing to make it work!

I also did the excercise most of the graphics card manuf's suggest: that is, I disconnected ALL cords from the monitors and workstation, reconnected everything, fired it all backup. No change.

Mike
Here is yet ANOTHER fly in the ointment:  I plopped the card in another GX620 - does not work, same behavior as in GX280. I start up in Safe Mode - it works! But only to a degree,  it basically mirrors the image on the primary montior (you cannot "Extend" it in SMode). UHG!!!  Do I love Dell?

Message Edited by ITWhippingBoy on 05-04-2007 08:01 AM

May 7th, 2007 11:00

Do you know technical differences between a Dell 2001FP monitor and a Dell 1905FP monitor?
No Events found!