Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2008 15:00

Dell Optiplex GX270-Dual Monitors

I'm trying to get it setup where my Dell Optiplex GX270 has dual monitors, but I'm not sure what video card I need of if the monitors I'm looking at will work with my computer. Does anyone know if the Dell 19" Ultrasharp LCD Widescreen 1908FPW will work with my optiplex? I'm thinking about getting 2 of those monitors and switching my current monitor over to a Dell Optiplex 330. I was trying to find out what video card I needed and what was the best option for dual monitors.

2K Posts

January 26th, 2008 10:00

Hi,
no replies yet, so...
basically , you just need a video card with 2 connectors - preferably DVI. The video driver handles the dual display options.

27 Posts

January 27th, 2008 05:00

Hi,

What form factor is your Optiplex GX270? Small Form-Factor, Small Desktop or Small Midi-Tower Computer?

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx270/en/ug/index.htm

Small Form-Factor -> AGP low profile graphic card
Small Desktop and Midi-Tower -> normal AGP graphic card

Yes, Dell 1908FPW will work with your Optiplex. I don't know if the internal graphic card will work together with the second graphic card. I use some current Optiplex computers and it is not possible to use the internal and an additional PCIe graphic card together in Multi-Display Mode. I can only use the internal or the additional.

I would prefer if you buy an AGP graphic card with two DVI outputs or if you have the Small Form-Factor version an AGP low profile card with DVI breakout cable.

--
itszler

7 Posts

February 25th, 2008 17:00

I have the mini-tower form factor.  What is good video card that will work with the GX270?  We looked at installing a new card from a different computer, but the card had more pins for power than my computer allows.
No Events found!