Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 8th, 2018 14:00

Dell PowerEdge T620 Power Management Firmware not responsive

I bought a used PE T620 and have been using it as a FreeNAS server for about a year. I am now upgrading the storage and decided to update the firmware during the process. None of the Firmware appears to have ever been updated. I first updated the BIOS from V1.0.4 to 2.6.1 with a a DOS-bootable USB flash drive. The update went fine except now the system has an error during POST for "Power Management Firmware not responsive". Error message is in posted picture. Sensors for power usage are not reporting data and reading 0W. System Fans ramp up to full speed and stay at full speed. I have tried disconnecting the power and holding the power switch for 15 seconds to drain power but the error persists.IMG_20180308_222242.jpgIMG_20180308_222216.jpgIMG_20180308_222302.jpgIMG_20180308_222306.jpg

• 

6.2K Posts

March 9th, 2018 09:00

Thank you for the service tag.

The system power and thermals are monitored and reported by the iDRAC. The iDRAC is reporting the power error. I suggest updating the iDRAC, if you are unable to update the iDRAC then try back-flashing the system BIOS first.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

March 8th, 2018 17:00

Hello

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

Thanks

2 Posts

March 29th, 2018 23:00

Back flashing to the oldest available BIOS and then flashing successively newer versions up to the latest fixed the problem. Thank you for your assistance!

April 13th, 2021 19:00

I had to manually boot from ISO to update the Lifecycle controller to give the option to update from https as the ftp.dell.com has been discontinued. 

Select your model and use rufus to create a bootable USB make sure in the BIOS to enable BIOS boot instead of UEFI prior to this. Press F11 to boot, select BIOS boot, then Hard Drive (usb). It'll update everything then press return to restart and then the errors above will go away. In my case I manually updated the BIOS first not sure if that was necessary or not.

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000178586/update-poweredge-servers-with-platform-specific-bootable-iso

No Events found!