Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2013 18:00

PE servers runing both 110v and 220v power at the same time.

This is partially related to my other post about switching live from 110v input to 220v input that I'm still looking into with Dell tech support through another avenue.

But for this post, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever run any PE servers, with dual or multiple power supplies, on both 110 and 220 current at the same time.  Not talking about live switching the power but just bringing up and running an PE server for an extended period simultaneously with 2 different input voltages.  I realize it may not be a normal or recommended thing to do but curious if anyone actually has done it anyway.

Appreciate any responses or contribution this post generates.

• 

6.2K Posts

May 4th, 2013 11:00

Hello njcans

Mixing input voltages is not supported or recommended. The lower voltage PSU should trigger an error, but a higher voltage PSU may error if it is changed while the server is on and running off of a lower voltage PSU.

When matching PSU wattage are plugged into mixed line voltage (one PSU in 208V and other in 120V), the low line PSU will trigger an error.

Neither of the conditions you are inquiring about should work. Both should result in an error.

Thanks

No Events found!