Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

34 Posts

May 28th, 2020 10:00

Update iSM LC DUP v3.5.1

How do you install the iSM LC DUP on a VMware ESXI 6.7 system?

34 Posts

May 28th, 2020 07:00

I want to make every system compliant with the baseline, which comes directly from Dell.  It fails to install the "iSM LC DUP", and when I click the link to pull up the driver page, it cannot be found. Maybe that's why it won't install?

Would you please update the "iSM LC DUP" item on the Dell catalog so that the link goes to the correct page?

• 

8.4K Posts

May 28th, 2020 12:00

The link provided previously has the link to the iSM update, being that you're using ESXi you likely will need the Windows based one here, which you can use in the Lifecycle controller.

• 

8.4K Posts

May 28th, 2020 12:00

Rpseekell,

If you follow this link it discusses the best options to update. You can try the Linux version, but I think the best course of action with ESXi is via

"The Windows DUP can also be imported "out of band" either into the Firmware Update feature while booted into Lifecycle or via embedded iDRAC Update (if iDRAC enterprise license is installed)"

Let me know how it goes.

34 Posts

June 2nd, 2020 11:00

Hi, I would have responded earlier, but the CAPTCHA was broken.

The one you link below is an older one than I have: 3.2.0, but I am trying to get to 3.5.1.  

Systems-Management_Application_DT5H7_WN64_3.2.0.1_A00.EXE

I have tried using the 3.5.1 Windows update package via the iDRAC, but it rejects it saying, "Unable to complete the firmware update operation because the specified firmware image is for a component that is not in the target system inventory."

Systems-Management_Application_C4NXJ_WN64_3.5.1_A00.EXE

• 

8.4K Posts

June 2nd, 2020 11:00

Try the link found here for 3.5.1.

34 Posts

June 2nd, 2020 12:00

Well, this is strange.  I told OpenManage Ent to update it, and it started working!  I got errors on it before, so I'm not sure what the difference is.  I have a few dozen Dell blade servers that need this update, so I'll see how far I get.  (The link in OME is still broken.)

I also manually installed the DUP linked here, and it worked also: https://www.dell.com/community/Systems-Management-General/Failing-to-update-iSM-LC-DUP-v3-5-1/td-p/7539326

Thanks for your help, Chris!

No Events found!