Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 9th, 2013 21:00

iDRAC 7 Not respond

Dear All, Please advise solution to fix the problem (SW0700: iDRAC is not ready. The configuration values cannot be accessed.) on Dell PowerEdge R720 Server.

March 28th, 2018 13:00

boa tarde, estou com esse mesmo problema. O mesmo começou quando ouve uma pico de energia, o servidor funciona normalmente só que a IDRAC não fica ativa e as fans quando fazem a leitura  começa a opera em alta rotação fazendo muito barulho. 

Foi achado alguma solução para isso, ou o mesmo tem que ser substituído?

Aqui em meu ambiente ele e um reserva esta sem garantia já.

October 9th, 2018 07:00

I am facing a similar issue with one of our r320 when iDrac firmware was updated.

I am new to this and am wondering how & if we flash the old idrac firmware, will this resolve the issue on the iDrac Express

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/Dell-PowerEdge-R320-Initializing-iDRAC/td-p/4670501

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/RE-Dell-PowerEdge-R320-Initializing-iDRAC/m-p/6195590#M58230

2 Posts

February 7th, 2019 09:00

I have this error

Idrac setting version 1.30.30.27

Swc0700: iDrac is not ready.  The configuration values cannot be accessed.

My question is: Do I need a hard drive and OS to do the solution:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln283474/drac-multiple-reboots-can-cause-ipmi-command-errors-lifecycle-recovery-mode-and-swc0700-idrac-is-not-ready-with-idrac7-firmware-13030?lang=en

4 Posts

April 18th, 2019 08:00

Hi, As it is possible that Dell does not have a solution for the IDRAC problem, a terrible service, it is inconceivable that the mother card should be changed due to this problem. On HP servers I have never had problems with the ILO firmware update. Thank you. Best regards, Christian

1 Message

June 20th, 2019 18:00

I've encountered this issue too and all of the above steps have not worked. Boy... that'll teach me to do the updates marked as critical... "if it's not broke, don't fix it" :-(

June 24th, 2019 04:00

With an iDRAC7, the DRAC is on the motherboard and if you have an Enterprise license for it you get an add-on dedicated NIC for the DRAC.

Access to the DRAC is now integrated into the BIOS config interface, so at system boot, when prompted by the text in the upper righthand corner of the screen, press F2 (for System Setup). In System Setup, you should have a menu with three options: "System BIOS", "iDRAC Settings", and "Device Settings". Obviously, you want "iDRAC Settings".

1 Message

November 21st, 2019 01:00

If your firewall does not support this, just make 3(or 5) individual rules, one for each service. to click here.

1 Message

March 15th, 2020 22:00

Dell PowerEdge R720 Server iDRAC 7 Not respond Restart, switch off, do not help, does not light up the status screen on the front panel, it can.

9 Posts

September 17th, 2020 22:00

The manufacturer is generally responsible for a defect discovered after the product has been placed on the market.
This is a latent (hidden) addiction to this Dell product.
Many have this problem after updating the BIOS, etc. They know the problem and ignore their consumers.
Dell, honestly, must replace the card (or rewrite the ROM) even after the warranty, as the problem is hidden until the update (provided by Dell) or mysterious reboot.
For Dell the cost would be small considering that it would reuse motherboards and just rewrite, but it would be very respectful to the consumer.

30 Posts

October 20th, 2020 15:00

I absolutely agree! I have four of R720 and the update went well on 3 via the idrac web interface while the most important one failed! So, someone designed a system which cannot be written with the software again?? Really? Dell, at least release the procedure how to program the idrac chip with a hardware programmer!

1 Message

May 13th, 2021 23:00

Well. Another Dell powerbrick r720 here after the iDRAC upgrade through web interface. Unplugging power and trying to reset didn't work. SD card didn't work (though I'm not sure it ever initialize SD card, for there is no any signs from iDRAC after I plug the card in)...

I can't believe there is no any solution from Dell to repair hardware except buying new MB.

1 Message

June 21st, 2021 08:00

I am in exactly the same situation, idrac worked prior to the upgrade but no longer. Since it is not a standalone card so there is no hope to get it back to work....

8 Posts

November 9th, 2021 01:00

I have the Same issue on My R720Xd machine i try all possible solution through Google or dell Community it's only one solution is that change the Motherboard.

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

November 9th, 2021 08:00

Hello @tahseen1,

Please, could you verify us which troubleshooting steps did you follow so far?

Regards.

No Events found!