Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Message

May 16th, 2022 13:00

Dell 5530 HDMI Port to LG 27GN800-B 1440p monitor

I have a Dell Precision 5530 as my company laptop. I work hybrid with a set up at home using two HDMI cables with 2 external monitors. I just went from two 1080p ASUS 144hz monitors (running 60hz with HDMI) that worked fine. I connected one HDMI directly to the HDMI port on the laptop and one HDMI cable with the DA200 adapter. This week I upgraded my home monitors to two LG 27GN800-B 144hz 1440p monitors. I installed the LG drivers for the monitors, but I cannot get the HDMI port on the laptop to output any video. The DA200 HDMI port will output 1080p 60hz max, and that is fine for my work. But the built-in HDMI port will not display.

I have tried multiple HDMI cables, including a known 4k capable cable from a Xbox Series X. I made sure to verify the port still works with my old monitors. The laptop recognizes that there is a monitor connected, but it will not allow me to activate it. When I attempt to extend to the monitor, I get the message to revert the settings after 15 seconds like it switched, but nothing appears on the monitor and the Multiple Monitors option just resets to "Disconnect this display". I can't even access options to set the monitor to 1080p / 60hz if it is a bandwidth issue. My model has both Intel UHD 630 graphics and a NVIDIA Quadro P1000, but I don't see a way to use the NVIDIA card for monitor output.

I installed the latest graphics card drives on the dell site for the 5530 for both Intel and NVIDIA.

Any ideas?

No Responses!
No Events found!