Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

1 Message

January 26th, 2021 22:00

Dell Precision M4700 - Disable DVD-drive (faulty SATA drive) completely (in BIOS)

Hi!

I've got the following problem / question: The DVD-drive of my Dell Precision M4700 is not working. The LED is always on and I hear a little noise all of the time as soon as the Laptop is charging (not powered on) or powered on. As the DVD-drive didn't load any DVDs (I also tried in a second M4700), I bought a HDD-caddy to use the port for another HDD.

The HDD-caddy also didn't work on this machine, on my second M4700 it worked without problems. Now I wanted to disable the faulty SATA drive in BIOS. I tried all different ports, but none of them, stopped the LED from shining and the DVD-drive from making a little noise all of the time. If I use the HDD-caddy the LED there is also always on. Is there any possiblity to fully disable the faulty SATA drive in BIOS? I already disabled the DVD-drive in Windows.

Kind regards!

• 

25.7K Posts

January 27th, 2021 16:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

No Events found!