Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

4 Posts

October 3rd, 2019 07:00

m3520 RAM error

I installed in my m3520 2 Kingston DDR4 SO-DIMM 2400MHz PC4-19200 CL14 - 16Gb HX424S14IB / 16 memory modules. As a result, the laptop does not see the memory and does not turn on. When installing the old memory, everything works. Updating the BIOS to the latest version does not help. The indicator light shows error 2.3 - no RAM was detected. What to do?

October 3rd, 2019 15:00

Hi @nickvoit

Welcome to the Dell Community!

Memory type mentioned is one of the supported memory module that will work with Precision m3520. However, there is processor limitation whether ECC or Non ECC type of memory would work.

Intel Xeon processor supports both Error Correcting Code (ECC) and non-ECC memory as you can build out a system on Dell.com with either of them, the Intel Core processor only supports non-ECC memory as you can only build out a system with non-ECC memory. Please confirm what is the processor type based on that we can check or you may private message the service tag I will check that for you. 

Dell-Tabassum M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

4 Posts

October 4th, 2019 02:00

Hi!

My CPU is i7-7700HQ.

HX424S14IB/16 is non-ECC memory. Accordingly, this memory should definitely work on my laptop.

On my colleague's INSPIRON 7577 with the same i7 7700HQ, this memory works without problems - so definetly memory is not broken. 

October 6th, 2019 16:00

Hi, 

Sorry for the delay in reply, I was out of office. 

Thanks for your findings. Have you tried testing one memory module at a time to see if that helps? If no, then please give that a try and let me know how it goes. Incase issue still persists, please private message me the service tag let me get this checked for you. 

Dell-Tabassum M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

4 Posts

October 6th, 2019 16:00

Yes, i've tried testing one module, another module, both of them, new one with old one, etc. Still no results. 

(Sent service tag in PM)

No Events found!