1 Copper

EMC Replistor is Expired License from 2016-2-23

Jump to solution

Hi.

My Costomers bought Replistor.

But All Replistor is License Expired.

I can't re-install

replistor1.JPG.jpg

If Computer time to back previous 2016-2-23 then able to install.

What should I do ?

Please Help me sir!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ecervant
2 Iron

Re: EMC Replistor is Expired License from 2016-2-23

Jump to solution

A RepliStor build (6.4 SP2 HF11) will be available which only updates the licensing code to allow support past 1023 weeks.  I would suggest contacting your EMC Support and a link can be provided to the download.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Jump to solution

We have Replistor deployed in the field still and as of 2/23/2016, all of our licenses have been invalidated and the software has stopped working completely. I knew Replistor was no longer being supported by EMC, but I had no idea they would actively kill the software that we already purchased. This is nuts.

-E

0 Kudos
ecervant
2 Iron

Jump to solution

The RepliStor software license becoming expired on 2/23/2016 was not intended.  The license key code was created with 10 bits to hold the number of weeks from 1997. The license codes allowed a maximum of 999 weeks (which was reached on 2/23/2016), but 10 bits allows up to 1024 weeks.  As a temporary workaround a license key was provided that expires at week 1023. 

QOMHXOEZ-YYAD3ZF3CA9BZK72

For a permanent solution, a new RepliStor build has to be generated to extend the license key past the 1023 weeks.

TS-Jang
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you Sir.

Do you have plan for update by this problem?

My costomers need replistor of new version

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for the new license code. With Replistor being past end of life, are we to assume you will not be releasing a new build with license support past 1,023 weeks?

-E

0 Kudos
ecervant
2 Iron

Jump to solution

A RepliStor build (6.4 SP2 HF11) will be available which only updates the licensing code to allow support past 1023 weeks.  I would suggest contacting your EMC Support and a link can be provided to the download.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
TS-Jang
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you for reply. I will request my local EMC Support. Can i download a link in emc support website? I can not see HF11.

cap1.JPG.jpg

0 Kudos
ecervant
2 Iron

Jump to solution

The RepliStor build will not be available for download on the EMC support web site as the product is End of Service Life.

Jump to solution

How do we get the new Build? We don't have support contracts because Replistor is end of life. If it is not available for download, how do we get it?

-E

0 Kudos
rottman3d
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Contact Licensing@emc.com to receive HF11 which will be given to you on an AS-IS license. I have been using it and it works just fine with existing keys.

0 Kudos