Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2003 20:00

CD-RW Reserved by Another Application

When attempting to burn a playlist using Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator, Digital Media Suite (Version 6) I got the following message.

"The device CD-RW CRX140E (E:) has been reserved by another application. Please select a different device".

This occured after I attempted to burn the playlist but received an underrun error after 10 track were burned.

I reviewed the Message Board messages and the Frequently Aske Questions but could not come up with a solution. I did look carefully at Predator's response to  "CD/RW Problems" dated 11-14-02.  Some of the responses mentioned Direct CD. But, I did not attempt to use Direct CD. The only actions I took was to select the playlist, insert a CD-R disc and click on the Burn Button.

I have a Dell Dimension 4100, Windows Me Operation System, 256 Mb RAM, 20 Gb Hard Drive, Sony CD-RW CRX140E drive and a Samsung DVD-ROM SD-612 drive.

I do not know what application the CD-RW is reserved or how I can release the it for use by all applications. If anyone has a possible resolution to my probem please let me know. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 11th, 2003 22:00

Roxio V6 does not have "Direct CD", it has "Drag to Disc" which does operate slightly different.

However, it appears you were trying to make a Music Project CD (???) and the underrun occured.  The CD-R you were using is a "coaster", and you can't reuse it.  Are you trying to reuse it? 

Did you exit the program, take the CD-R out and restart Windows?  That should have cleared any errors.

If you use the "Creator Classic" and try to make a new music CD, using a new (blank) CD-R, what happens??

Finally, Sony CD Burners are not my favorite drive. I've got one customer with a Sony drive (not sure the model number) with Windows ME and it will only work with the Sony supplied burning program.

13 Posts

May 11th, 2003 23:00

Thank you firberd for responding quickly. Yes, I was attempting to mak a music CD from my playlist. And, yes and no, I did exit the program and did a restart but the same "reserved" message kept appearing.

I did try the drag and drop but it did not work. I think that I may not be doing something correctly. This version of Easy CD & DVD Creator is new to me and I am not fully versed in using it. THAT COULD BE MY MAJOR PROBLEM.

As you probably already know, the Sony Burner came with the computer about 2 or 3 years ago and I haven't upgraded anything except the RAM and a NIC.

Thanks very much for your quick reply.

PS: Just put my coffee cup on the coaster disc.

No Events found!