Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2016 01:00

Data recovery after "Dell Backup and Recovery" failed to fix BSOD

Recently my Laptop decided to give me the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD). Hoping that Dell's awesome Backup and Recovery would fix this problem for me in no time, I used my recovery disk to fix the problem. The program went through all the major steps (system check, backup, OS reinstall etc) before finally giving me an error that basically said SOMETHING MAJOR WENT WRONG! This resulted in a computer in its most RAW form...without any OS. After reinstalling OS 8.1 I plugging in the drive on which everything was backed up on. I can clearly see the almost 29GB backup, however there is no way in *** that I can find a way to restore this data. How do get my data back? I've tried the backup and recovery program but it doesn't let me choose the backup location or file. Moreover, it seemed that is was more interested in restoring my system to the previous version with the BSOD, after which I again needed to format my laptop. Furthermore this is not the first time that this "state of the art" laptop, or so I thought, gave me problems. Two months ago I had to replace the HDD after I bought it 4 months prior to that. At this point in time I just want to throw the *** thing against a wall. 

Can someone please give me advice on how to recover the data, ONLY THE DATA, from the Dell Backup and Recovery file on my external?

Kind regards,

Niel

No Responses!
No Events found!