Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

September 11th, 2018 20:00

Dell Active pen PN556W connection issues

Hi!

I purchased the Dell Active Pen PN556W yesterday and have been trying to connect it to my Dell XPS-13 (9365) via Bluetooth. When I press the top for a few seconds, the light starts blinking, the device shows on the computer but while establishing the connection, the light on the pen suddenly switches off and the connection fails. Am I doing something wrong?

PS: I have downloaded and installed the necessary drivers and have also checked if the batteries are inserted correctly

Thanks

• 

17K Posts

September 12th, 2018 08:00

Nimish1996,

Click the link below to download the online users manual for the pen. Also, look in the troubleshooting section of the manual.

Dell Active Pen pn556W Online Manual

NOTE: If the pen is already listed under Bluetooth devices, remove the pen from the list before pairing with your device.
1 Press and hold the top button for 3 seconds to enable pairing mode. The Bluetooth-pairing light starts blinking to confirm the pairing mode is enabled.
2 In Windows Search, type Bluetooth.
3 From the list that appears, tap or click Bluetooth Settings.
4 Ensure that the Bluetooth is enabled.
5 From the list of devices, tap or click Dell PN556W Pen→ Pair. NOTE: If Dell PN556W Pen is not listed, ensure pairing mode is enabled on the pen.
6 Confirm the pairing process on both pen and device. 
The Bluetooth-pairing light turns solid white for few seconds to confirm the pairing and then the light turns off. After the pen and a device are paired, they connect automatically when Bluetooth is enabled and they are within the Bluetooth range.

2 Posts

November 18th, 2018 17:00

I have also had issues with connectivity with my pen after a week of purchase. It stops writing or connecting at will. I found that it sometimes works again after tapping the side of the pen which indicates that there may be an internal issue with connectivity. I have tried to contact Dell by phone and after a few transfers and I alot of time wasted on hold, I have given up since it appears the customer service is only geared towards desktops and laptops.

No Events found!