Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2007 14:00

Dell Media Experience support file

I am trying to upgrade Sonic My DVD.  It says that I have to uninstall Dell Media Experience.  When it tries to uninstall, I recieve a message: An installation support file could not be installed.  The system could not find the specified file.  Any suggestions?

15.3K Posts

June 17th, 2007 15:00

Hi Ssavas,

I do not recall having to uninstall DME in order to upgrade Sonic, of course I may be wrong.

Click on the CD/RW link in my post and scroll to Section 13-0, articles 26, 27, 28.
These are what we have on updating sonic.

Best Regards

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do
and the eyesight to tell the difference.

CD/RW Link

3 Posts

June 17th, 2007 19:00

Jeff, thanks for responding.  This is my third attempt to install Roxio products. During the installation process it says that it will need to uninstall Dell Media Experience.  As it attempts to automatically remove the DME, I receive an error message that says "The installation support file could not be found."  It allowed me to continue the install process without uninstalling the DME, but upon completion of the download when I click on the Easy Media Creator 9 icon, the program screen comes up and then hangs.  The task manager does not indicate the program is running.  I have managed to open a task in the program once.  My computer is very sluggish after downloading any of the Roxio products as well.  Any insight is greatly appreciated.

15.3K Posts

June 17th, 2007 20:00

Hi Ssavas,

Recently I was browsing Roxio forum and came across some information about doing a clean uninstall/reinstall of Roxio and this tends to solve a number of issues with it.
I have the information in Section 13-0, article 32 of the CD/RW site.

Best Regards

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do
and the eyesight to tell the difference.

CD/RW Link

No Events found!