Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 11th, 2013 06:00

Dimension 9200 upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 and both DVD Rom and Sony DVD+-RW AQ160S do not work.

I recently brought in my Dim 9200 desktop purchased in 2006 to have Windows 7 installed. When I got it home, i thought all was working okay, but i hadn't noticed at the time there was only a C drive that showed up under 'my computer'. I live in a remote area and I would rather not bring the computer back in at this point to get them to check it out. I get an error code 32 when I go into the Device Manager for the drives. I attempted to find new drivers but windows tells me they have the most updated drivers installed. I am in need of some help on what to do to fix my problem.

The dvd rom and dvd+-rw were the original drives upon purchase.

They show up as Sony DVD+-RW AW-AQ160S and HL-DT-ST DVD-rom GDR H10N in my system, if that helps. 

The drivers show system32\drivers\cdrom.sys for the DVDrom and for the Sony the driver shows as windows\system32\drivers\PxHIpa64.sys

I appreciate any help at all with this.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 11th, 2013 07:00

Hi Digger2,

Please follow this article's recommendations. This is no an uncommon problem, and an easy solution.

Good luck!

4 Posts

November 16th, 2013 05:00

Hi Osprey4,

I am working on my computer now. Thank you for your reply and link. 

i did step 1 and the message i receive is stating that the driver for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functinality (code 32). when i update the driver via my computer and the internet it states that the driver software for my device is up to date. 

i am moving on to step2. i will let you know how i make out. it's Saturday so i have most of the day to work on this. lol.

thank you again.

4 Posts

November 16th, 2013 07:00

Hi Osprey4, 

i went through all the methods in the link, with exception to the registry, since i'm extremely nervous about entering the registry files. None of the other steps worked. 

what will happen if I install the original dvd software for these drives (Roxio Mydvd and Roxio Creater) that came with the system when i bought it with windows XP, as i am running Windows 7 now? 

thank you again.

4 Posts

November 16th, 2013 12:00

Thank you so very much Osprey4, you're awesome!! 

Since I had alot of time to review All the information and methods that you had sent me in your first reply, I decided to tackle the registry files. I followed method 4 and it FIXED it. both the drives are operating just perfectly.

Thank you thank you thank you.

:emotion-2:

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 17th, 2013 13:00

Excellent. Glad to hear it worked.

No Events found!