Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

July 15th, 2015 11:00

ERROR: NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE

Dear Sir/Madam,

It would be really helpful if You can make me solve this problem.Thanks in advance.

I got the following message during booting after creating RAID1 configuration for my 2 Nos. of  1 TB HDD of DELL work station T3610.

PLEASE GUIDE ME FOR THE SAME.

THANKS

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 16th, 2015 17:00

Hi Vikrantg,

Did you change the SATA controller mode in the BIOS from AHCI to RAID? How did you create the RAID? In the Intel RAID BIOS?

July 17th, 2015 07:00

Hi Osprey4,

I am getting the same error and my laptop is from Dec 2013, an Inspiron 15.  I don't understand what you wrote but I know I have not touched anything.

Can you walk me through the steps to see if I can fix it myself? Or do I need to send it to support to get fixed?

Thanks in advance!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 18th, 2015 04:00

Hi Adultcsstudent,

The original post was about booting after creating a RAID 1 configuration. I assume your laptop has a single hard drive, so RAID does not apply. In all likelihood, you have a failed hard drive. You'll need to replace it, then reinstall the operating system and restore your backed up files. Dell can perform this service either under warranty or for a fee if your warranty is no longer in effect.

July 19th, 2015 09:00

Thanks Osprey4!

I am looking to have it fixed by Dell since it's out of warranty but I cannot find a Dell authorized centre in Toronto, ON, Canada.  I phoned Dell but got nowhere. Do you know of a link where I can this authorized centre?

Thanks, Dixie

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 19th, 2015 14:00

There are no "Dell authorized" repair shops.  Dell handles all post-warranty repair on a return-to-depot basis.  You can either contact Dell for the repair cost (currently $159 for anything but a mainboard or screen replacement) or take the system to the computer repair shop of your choice.

July 20th, 2015 01:00

I`ve the same problem and I can`t find an answer.

No Events found!