Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2009 07:00

Error Codes 0F00:0244 and 0F00:01A4 on Inspiron 1525

Inspiron 1525 laptop has been locking up for a few months, finally got some time to check it out.

Dell PSA tests give error codes 0F00:0244 and 0F00:01A4. Drive is a Seagate ST9160310AS.

When I try to get assistance I find my Dell support has expired last month (laptop is 13 months old). I check Seagate product data and find that this drive noramlly has a 36 month warranty, but I need to deal with Dell for the support.

Any suggestions how I would be able to get through to Dell for support?

Anyone with similar problems who had the issue supported by Dell?

Anyone have success contacting the drive manufacturer?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 1st, 2009 08:00

cixelsyd42

The OEM hard drive's warranty is supplied by Dell, not Seagate and as the laptop's warranty has expired, Dell will not replace the hard drive, unless you pay them. 

You need to purchased the replacement 2.5" SATA hard drive.

Bev.

2 Posts

December 1st, 2009 09:00

Bev,

Thanks for the reply !

Not really what I wanted to hear ... really odd that a component with a 3 year warranty that fails prematurely cannot be supported because of the product it is built into.

If I had ordered the laptop without a hard drive and purchased the hard drive separately I would have warranty coverage.

Am checking to see whether Seagate will support.

Dave

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 1st, 2009 11:00

Dave.

I wish you well, but....

Yep, when you purchase your own hard drive, it has the Seagate warranty, but when the hard drive is part of a computer's original configuration, then it's the same as the computer warranty.

Bev.

No Events found!