Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 12th, 2013 13:00

Hello Problem with stick DVD Drive

I have a Dell 8400 and have been looking how to take my DVD out and cant find a way to do it.. would anyone be able to give me some advice? Thankyou in advance.

Fiona

2 Posts

March 12th, 2013 17:00

Hi

thanks for all your replys, there was a disk in it... i got a paperclip and found the little hole under neath the drive and edjected it that way and it works... paper clip is such a good tool ....

and i tried edjecting it first about 2 years ago

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

March 12th, 2013 13:00

Hi Fiona,

I assume that you have tried to eject the optical drive through windows explorer. Have you tried to eject the drive while being in the system BIOS? If not, follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Restart the system and tap F2 key at Dell logo.
  2. System will enter the BIOS.
  3. Try to Eject the optical drive by pressing the eject button on the optical drive.

Please post the results.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 12th, 2013 14:00

I have a Dell 8400 and have been looking how to take my DVD out and cant find a way to do it.. would anyone be able to give me some advice? Thankyou in advance.

Fiona

Fiona,

To eject a DVD disc, try going to 'My Computer', then right click the optical drive that has the disc installed in and select 'Eject', in the drop down window.

If you mean removing the DVD drive, then use the instructions in the Owners Manual 'Remove and Installing Section' here:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_dimension_desktops/dimension-8400_Owner%27s%20Manual_en-us.pdf

Bev.

No Events found!