Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 2nd, 2012 15:00

How can I reach dell for replace my Hard disk?

Hello again...

Now it's confirmed that my hard disk need a replacement.

1. How to reach dell for claim the warranty?
  2. How long do I have to wait until it completely replace by dell?

Right now I staying in France. I was bought my laptop in Malaysia. I don't know what is the procedure to reach them.

Here's the result of my diagnostic of my hard disk :

Thank you

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 2nd, 2012 16:00

If you have to pay a shop for a hard drive replacement plus the software reinstall, it'll easily run the equivalent of about $US 250.  So, it's probably cheaper to upgrade and transfer the warranty.

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

Your best choice is to contact Dell Malaysia support and see if your system is eligible for an international warranty transfer. If so, you contact Dell France support to transfer the warranty (this may take 60 to 90 days), and then Dell support in France can address the drive issue.

Alternatively, just go to a local computer store and have them replace the drive (you'll need to reinstall Windows and such though, unless you have a proper backup of your data (on another drive (e.g. a USB drive)).

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Unless you transferred the warranty (which will require the purchase of an upgraded warranty - the basic warranty doesn't qualify for international transfer), the system needs to be returned to Malaysia for service.

If you wish to transfer the warranty, you must buy an onsite service plan.  Then see the link below to transfer the tag to France:

www.dell.com/.../IdentifySystem

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

If you purchased it with an onsite service plan, then the warranty can be transferred internationally.  Otherwise, no.

You can look up the warranty details on Dell Malaysia's website using the service tag.

8 Posts

Okay.. I need a opinions what is the best choice for me. Do I just need go to the nearest shop and replace it or should I get the warranty from dell because I will be staying in France for a long period?

8 Posts

Before this I was told that my laptop have the international warranty. Does it true or not?

No Events found!