This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 23rd, 2013 12:00

Intel Rapid Storage Warning SATA Disk Failed

Dear All,

I bought my new Alien17 last month. It was working fine at the first. But then, the computer starts getting slow and sometimes freezes. Then I found out the Intel Rapid Storage shows warning, "SATA disk on Controller 0, Port 0: Failed". I've tried few ways to fix the problem: mark as normal, ran complete system diagnostics (showed everything is fine), and return to factory state. Still, doesn't help. BTW, I am a completely computer idiot...

Here are some screenshots:

Thanks all!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 25th, 2013 17:00

Hi Sakuraholic,

First, please make sure you've got your data backed up and your system restore discs created!!!

Second, I see you have a Western Digital hard drive. My suggestion is to go to the WDC site and download their Data Lifeguard diagnostic for DOS. Use the download to create a bootable diagnostics CD, then boot to that and run the diagnostics on your drive. That's the best indicator of the drive's health.

In the meantime, you should call Dell tech support, since there's a good chance the drive needs to be replaced.

November 21st, 2013 19:00

I have the same problem with my Dell XPS 15. This is my 3rd hard drive problem with a Dell computer in the past two years. Extremely disappointed with reliability. If this problem continues with your computer, it will have problems booting. When booting it will load black screen saying: "Checking Media.... Failed Checking Media.... Failed" After this, computer will continue trying to reboot. Mine eventually rebooted, therefore, I'm scared to turn off my system until I can have support send me a new computer. With my XPS I purchased three months ago, it had this problem so they sent a new computer. Now, this replacement is having the same problems. Like I said, extremely disappointing.

3 Posts

December 31st, 2013 13:00

>>>>>>>>>

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 31st, 2013 16:00

Hi Memo-nasser14,

Since the thread refers to two different models and there is no way for me to know which message you are responding to, please provide the model and operating system of your Dell laptop. In addition, please describe the problem you are having. What driver update are you trying to install?

3 Posts

December 31st, 2013 19:00

3 Posts

December 31st, 2013 21:00

3 Posts

September 6th, 2014 17:00

Hi Osprey4,

I saw your posts on a forum that lots of what the other people were having issues with, I am too.

I bought a Dell XPS 15, the new model, at the beginning of January and it took just over two months to get to my house, and when I pushed the on button I've had issues ever since. And when I finally asked to have it replaced, I got a stern no, because its 'software' issues.

I have been on the phone with the tech people a unbelievable amount of times, for a 2000 dollar computer I bought to help me through nursing school and its been a complete disappointment.

I have had internal hard drive errors, screen issues, the blue screen, my computer makes a loud grinding noise when these occur, I've lost a paper due to a blue screen in which this computer is almost junk to me because I can't trust it and it is unreliable, it shuts off randomly, recently I couldn't get the computer to do anything and the only option was to refresh the computers state and now I have lost almost everything on my laptop, I tried to run updates and it kept going through the updates over and over (the configuration, 100%, restart), now I'm having rapid intel messages coming up, and worst of all a SATA disk failing error. 

I choose to use my nine year old inspiron 1520 that is missing keys and is slower than a turtle and I have no idea what to do. I'm afraid I'll keep having issues if it isn't replaced because that's all it has been the last five months I've had it. I don't even want to deal with dell tech because the one guy was trying to get me to extend my warranty as a solution and even said he hasn't heard of any issues with the XPS 15.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 7th, 2014 11:00

Start with the Dell diagnostics - F12 at powerup.  If any error codes result, record them and post.

September 13th, 2014 14:00

hello sir

I have got the same problem...

if u have any suggestion for me then please help me...

I have also try many processes to get rid off but it is still there.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 14th, 2014 06:00

Hi vinayyadav112,

I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Please let me know the findings.

285 Posts

September 14th, 2014 12:00

Hi,

Besides this is not the problem may people are running RAID fine with SSD  drives without TLER, ERC & CCTL like my self the problem is/was the driver. So, re install the perfect matching driver properly to your system.

September 19th, 2014 04:00

thank you sir for your response...

But sir I have already done this process that you have suggested me.

sir I done the diagnostics process which is provide by the dell community and the result status is as follows:

Error Code:2000-0142

validation:85573

Msg; Hard Drive 0: S/N WXM1C5231364. Test is unsuccessful.

I request you to sir please provide me the solution to tackle out the problem.

thank you....

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 19th, 2014 05:00

Hi vinayyadav112,

2000-0142 error indicates the hard drive is faulty you would need to replace the hard drive on the system. Please backup the data from the system if it’s booting up.Please private message us the system service tag so that I could check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

No Events found!