Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 29th, 2017 09:00

Optiplex 390 SFF - USB ports don't work

So i'm trying to reinstall windows 10 on this computer. I wiped the hdd because I was having the problem where the pc would shut down after a few seconds of being switched on.

Didn't find a solution for that so I thought I might as well wipe the hdd if I can't use it anymore. Did that but now the pc switches on and stays on but I can't reinstall Windows because when it gets to the language selection screen in windows setup all the USB ports seem to get disabled and can't use mouse or keyboard.

I can actually access the bios using keyboard, so USB only gets disabled after POST.  Please help.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 2nd, 2017 11:00

Using the keyboard, boot into the BIOS and click "Load Defaults" on the Main screen. Open System Configuration -USB Configuration. All should be checked. Exit the BIOS saving change. Then the keyboard and mouse should be tested in all six of the rear USB ports. Do you have this issue on all six?

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2017 14:00

Thanks for the reply. Apparently using the Load Defaults button fixed the problem. After restarting, keyboard and mouse are working in all USB ports and i'm currently installing windows. It's weird because I know I didn't change anything in the bios. Oh well, thanks again.

No Events found!