Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2011 22:00

Sandisk cruzer flash drive

Hello,

I would like any assistance regarding the above mentioned flash drive, or perhaps all flash drives in general.

I am trying to download music files onto my flash drive, which I am able to do.  But I am unhappy with the fact that the songs do not download to my flash drive in the correct order--in the order I want them to be downloaded.  I tried numbering them in the hope that the files would automatically appear in numerical order, but this did not work.  I called Sandisk customer service and they were not helpful, although the representative cryptically referred to an online program I could get to help me download my files in the order I prefer.  He would not tell me precisely what that would be.

So any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 1st, 2011 04:00

Windows automatically lists files alphabetically on any drive, not just flash drives.  Although there may be a program to do what you want, I haven't seen it.  You set up your play list with whatever program you are using to play the songs on a PC.  

I have to work through this all the time when I burn audio CD's.  How they are listed in Windows is not how I want them to be placed on the CD.  I have to manually drag them to the CD burning software in the order I want, not the order they are listed in the file.

No Events found!