Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

4 Posts

December 3rd, 2018 21:00

Sound issues with AE515 sound bar

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is on the right board, but I'm having an issue with the AE515 Sound bar.

It is attached to my Dell Display via USB. I can see all the function working, and also windows 10 "shows" that there is sound but the speakers dont output any.

So what I usually do is unplug the USB cable from the monitor and then plug it back in. During this process I have to have some sound going on my computer for it to suddenly work again.

That means it does work, as long as I don't turn of my computer (or put it to sleep). This gets quite annoying.

I should have the latest drivers installed. My monitor is also connected via uplink cable to my desktop.

Anyone has the same issue or any possible solution to have this running all the time?

Cheers!

Frank

April 23rd, 2020 11:00

.connect usb direct to pc.

If u go through usb on monitor you have to also connect 3.5mm audio jack to pc from sound bar

1 Message

May 25th, 2021 07:00

I have the same issue. Thanks for posting. I didn't know unplugging and plugging in again would fix it.

1 Message

March 18th, 2022 23:00

Got the same issue. As soon as I restart my pc, even though the device is recognized, it does not produce any sound. unplugging and plugging back, as stated, does work but it sure is not a solution. 

Screenshot 2022-03-19 074439.png

May 3rd, 2022 16:00

I have the same problem.  The sound and mic keep stopping while I am on Teams/Google calls which is very annoying.  I either have to quit the meeting or unplug/plug the USB (that is connected to my USB C monitor) in order to get it to work again.  I have checked the driver and windows says the best version is installed.  Any thoughts would be welcome.  Thanks!

1 Message

May 19th, 2022 17:00

This is a buggy product.

On Windows 10, you will need to go to Sound Options and find this speakers and in the Advanced Options then set to CD quality at 44khz and not 48khz. Windows keep changing to 48khz and I keep getting no sound unless I downgrade it.

No Events found!