Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 4th, 2011 15:00

TS-T633C ATAT DEVICE

My driver has stopped working  but through the set up it is there and will eject cd's.  i have tried to update the driver, it say's it is updated, i have tried to uninstall and reinstall i get an error that it has failed to load.  What can I try now to get it to work.  I have a Studio laptop with the slot drive

10.9K Posts

September 4th, 2011 21:00

Try this Microsoft Article ........

support.microsoft.com/.../982116

If the "FixIt" does not work, scroll down the page and follow the manual instructions for your operating system.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 4th, 2011 17:00

Hi Tingler,

It's hard to tell based on your description whether you have a hardware or software problem with the drive. So let me suggest you start by performing the Dell diagnostics on your drive. To test your CD/DVD drive from the utility partition:

1. Reboot your system. When you see the Dell logo, hit F12 to enter the boot menu.

2. Select Boot to utility partition.

3. Select Test System.

4. Select Custom Test.

5. Use the arrow keys or mouse to select your CD/DVD drive.

6. Insert a CD or DVD.

7. Click Run Tests.

8. Write down any error messages.

3 Posts

September 4th, 2011 20:00

Thanks, We have done this and the CD/DVD drive works while in this area of the hard drive but once i enter into the window platform (if i say correctly) it stops working. It will not reinstall the drive, I have uninstalled it several times and stil no go.

3 Posts

September 4th, 2011 21:00

THANK YOU so very much this worked perfectly

No Events found!