Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2006 22:00

What is InterActual Player?? My DVD's are not playing on my Dell.

Hey Everyone,

I know about the mix-up and the patch (it is December 8th and no patch yet) for the DVD problems, but why is a program called InterActual Player trying to install itself everytime I put in a DVD. My DVD's would always work previous to this "mix-up" and I could use any player I wanted. I tried installing this player to see if it would work, but it gives me the message that my sound card is not compatable, or some such garbage. Can someone help??!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

B. Mullen

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 7th, 2006 23:00

It's a free player pre-installed on some DVD movies. Rather than autoplay the movie, these discs autoplay the interactual installation. Just cancel it and watch the movie. If it has installed itself, uninstall it. If it's messed up your autoplay settings, go to drive properties, the autoplay tab, select DVD movies under disc type and set it back to your preferred DVD program.

4 Posts

December 8th, 2006 22:00

Hey Osprey,

The error message is...
Playback failed due to an error with the audio subsystem. Please ensure the sound card is properly installed or close any applications that may use the sound card.

The info on my sound card (straight from the InterActual program) is...
Installed Audio:  SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [CC80]
Audio Muted:  No
Audio Installed:  Yes
The rest of the info from IA Player is...
Computer Type:  MS-DOS or PC-DOS System
DVD-Rom Drive:  E:F:,
Operating System:  WINDOWS XP
OS Version:  5.1
Processor Type:  PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL
Browser Provider:  Microsoft Corporation
Browser Version:  7.0.5730.11
InterActual Player Version:  2.02.07.0713
Low Power Timeout:  Not Active
Screen Saver Timeout:  60 minutes
Screen Saver Active:  Yes

I have never had a problem w/ compatability with any program before this. What do you think??

B. Mullen

4 Posts

Osprey,

Thanks for your help. I am still getting error messages from Interactual, but I try working this problem out. I hope the patch works. The original problem was that Roxio (and Nero Burning) stopped recognizing the presence of blank CD's in my Sony drive (which came w/ my 6mo. old Dell). I have not been able to burn anything, except recorded TV shows from Media Center to DVD. From reading some of the Forums, it seems that the Sony drive has some problems. It may be time to call the techs at Dell.
Thanks again for your suggestions.

Sincerely,

B. Mullen

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

What is the error? I can try looking it up.

4 Posts

December 8th, 2006 23:00

Hey Osprey,

I did some checking and the sound problem was cured by adjusting the audio settings from inside cineplayer (not interactual). Cineplayer was popping up to play the DVD, instead of interactual this time...I adjusted the speaker settings to 5.1 surround sound and VLF (very low frequency response), restarted the computer and...SOUND with the DVD.
Thank you for leading me in the right direction.

Bob Mullen

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 9th, 2006 09:00

Ok, good job! :)

1 Message

August 24th, 2015 15:00

when will i be able to use the software?

1 Message

January 22nd, 2020 22:00

hi i have a problem as well. how do i turn off this intractual player thing?

No Events found!