Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2013 06:00

disk drive data not showing

I have dell n5110 laptop.

my dvd drive showing but cd  data is not showing in laptop. when i double click mouse  for open dvd drive data then disk is ejected .& showing no disk

what is the solution

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 24th, 2013 06:00

Hi TUSHAR2472,

As the system is unable to read the disc, I suggest you to delete the upper and lower filters by following the below mentioned steps:

Note: Please make a backup of the Registry files before editing it. Wrong editing of Registry files could lead to Operating system problems.

1. Click “Start”, and then click “All Programs”.
2. Click “Accessories”, and then click “Run”.
3. Type “regedit”, and then click “OK”. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click “Allow”.
4. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
5. In the right pane, click “UpperFilters”.
Note: You may also see an “UpperFilters.bak” registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click “UpperFilters” only. If you do not see the “UpperFilters” registry entry, you still might have to remove the “LowerFilters” registry entry. To do this, go to step 8.
6. On the Edit menu, click “Delete”.
7. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click “Yes”.
8. In the right pane, click “LowerFilters”.
Note: If you do not see the “LowerFilters” registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
9. On the Edit menu, click “Delete”.
10. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click “Yes”.
11. Exit Registry Editor.
12. Restart the computer.

Check if the optical drive is reading the disc and please post the results.

2 Posts

July 25th, 2013 01:00

upper filter  or lower filter is not showing in step 4 ( \{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318})

pl. note that upper filter is showing in other key like 4d36E967) can i delete it ?

WHAT CAN I DO NOW ? My problem is still not solved

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 25th, 2013 03:00

Hi TUSHAR2472,

Please do not delete or edit any other Registry entries other than the suggested one.

As there are no Upper and Lower Filters, please follow the steps mentioned from the links mentioned below

Hope this helps!

No Events found!