Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2012 12:00

hl-dt-st dvd+-rw gt32n of Dell Inspiron N5010 is not reading any discs

hl-dt-st dvd+-rw gt32n of Dell Inspiron N5010 is not reading any discs. can you please help me or let me know how to fix it? The last time it worked was 2 days ago. when I try to run dell diagnostics it says "

A problem has been detected , please try again

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 14th, 2012 15:00

Hi Lylle80,

Please click the link below for the MS Fit-it utility (upper and lower filter trick). The program will tell you if a problem was detected and what was done. Let me know if this resolves your issue, and if not, what the report says.

5 Posts

November 15th, 2012 07:00

Yes, I already tried this one too. "Run Fix It", but when I put a dvd, this is what it says:

"Media in CD/DVD drive is not readable"

The DVD I put in is working in other computer DVD drive, not in this one.

Is there anything else I can do to fix it? or do I need to replace the DVD drive?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 15th, 2012 09:00

You don't need a disc in the drive to run the Fix-it utility. Please try again without a disc. The program will tell you if a problem was detected and what was done. If the issue is not resolved, tell me what the report says.

5 Posts

November 15th, 2012 10:00

It does the same, this is what the fix it says. "We detected some problems with your system and were able to successfully apply the fixes. However, our verification shows that the problems still exists." Then it has the issue, media in the CD/DVD drive is not readable. Fix status Not fixed."

I tried to choose the section "let me fix it myself", still shows the same above.

I saw online some comments from people, to delete lower and upper filter from registry, I did that. They also mentioned uninstalling and re-installing the driver software, I did that too. But still doesn't work.

Is there any other option?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 15th, 2012 11:00

Ok, that's helpful. I would guess at this point your drive has failed. But I would run the Dell diagnostics to verify. If you click my troubleshooting guide below, I've got a step-by-step on running the diagnostics.

5 Posts

November 15th, 2012 12:00

I did the reboot and F12, got this error message for the optical drive:

Error 0147

Message error 2000-0147

What does it mean?

Where do I go from here?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 15th, 2012 15:00

If you're still under warranty, call Dell, tell them the test results and they'll send out a new drive.

If not, try Amazon. They should have one.

3 Posts

April 23rd, 2014 22:00

Hi, I also had the same issue. Try cleaning the lens. Amal
No Events found!