Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2008 07:00

Neware + PE2900 w/PERC5i and Openmanage

Hi guys,
I have a customer that is having no success with managing storage or integrating with OpenManage.
He's running the latest version of Netware and has a 2900 w/PERC5e.

Any guidence will be greatly appreciated!

Brian Summers

55 Posts

February 4th, 2008 08:00

To clarify...here's an email directly from Aaron (my customer)....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does the new PowerEdge 2950 III server with the PERC 6/i have OpenManage support for NetWare 6.5? I don't see any documentation that shows that it does not support OpenManage under NetWare. Can you verify this. I am hoping you all got enough complaints where they made sure this new one would work with that OS.

Thanks,
Aaron

342 Posts

February 4th, 2008 11:00

Brian, according to the docs -- http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/5.3/en/compat_guide/html/4admnver.htm#1072727
Version 4.5 was the last version to support NetWare.

1 Message

February 16th, 2008 00:00

This is time to decide our server hardware for up-gradation. We are the Dell Server user. We have 21 odd Dell Servers. And mostly we use Netware 6.5 SP7 across geographical locations. We need to know the OpenManage future for Netware (6.5 onward), if any to decide to continue Dell servers in future. Can anybody through some lights on the future on the OpenManage for Netware (6.5 onward).
No Events found!