d1ms
1 Copper

Re: Dell XPS 15 9560 Shuts down randomly.

@paperman199 wrote:

I found solution for me, just install the oldest version of Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework from here, and all problems has gone.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=JTXD1

Thank you very much!!

i was having random Shutdown problem since July. I even stopped to use my laptop. Then I went to businesses trip and it is shutting down driving me crazy! I decided to reset PC, deleted everything from the hard drive -- but it didn't help. After one hour it started to shutdown and the did it more and more often. I called DELL support, I'd rather say "support". They wasted more than 2 hours of my time, charged $$$, but wasn't able to solve it. Thanks to this thread, i moved back this "thermal driver" and system seems to run stable again. 

im now using thermal driver: 8.2.11000.2996 from 2016. Newer driver caused random shutdowns and system restarts.

The only concern is: it might automatically install new, bad driver, behind my back. How can I prevent dell to update drivers? That's really bad for dell to release untested software and fail to fix driver problem for more than a year.

Anyway, thanks for the solution. It must be marked as "SOLVED" by dell moderators but they marked "solved" in this thread https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Dell-XPS-15-9560-Shuts-down-randomly/m-p/6064795#M9930 Smiley Happy a message which gave no resolution whatsoever Smiley Happy except "call us we will take your money" Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Alex-u
1 Copper

Entirely agree, this is a major BS, a laptop of that price shouldn't in 2019 be that bad....

I got mine two months ago and I have the same issue and more.

I wish I would have selected a linux and not a Dell/Microsft. 

0 Kudos
Alex-u
1 Copper

How come they don't fix this update... It's crazy, a laptop of that price having this sort of issues in 2019 is a ripoff. 

0 Kudos
Bug80
1 Nickel

Just a heads up: the most recent Intel Chipset driver, which is installed automatically when you use the Dell Updater or SupportAssist, seems to solve the overheating issue. At least it does for me! Thank you Dell for looking into this and solving the problem!
0 Kudos