Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

September 20th, 2020 03:00

XPS 13 9360 Screen Flickering Issue.

Hi everyone,

Yesterday my dell xps 13 9360, was working fine however I woke up this morning and now there is a screen flickering issue. The entire screen has lines flickering across it, I made a video to show this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rr0YaJhZXA. After reading up online about some potential issues, I've noticed most of these problems occur because of driver issues. I have checked to make sure my Intel UHD 620 drivers are up to date (i currently have the driver version: 27.20.100.7990 installed), and I have also uninstalled this version and installed three older versions of the driver (versions: 26.20.100.7986, 26.20.100.7263 and 26.20.100.6951). 

Its very odd how this literally happened overnight and as a result I dont think this can be a hardware issue. I have also turned of my laptop, and held the 'd' key causing an LCD test and there is no flickering there. However when I boot the laptop up in safe mode there is flickering still present there. I do have a few windows updates to do (feature update to windows 10, version 2004) but i really dont think thats going to change anything.

I have seen some suggestion in turning of the self panel refresh, however I did this and nothing happened. 

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I am a student and I really can't afford to fork out $2000 on a new laptop (warranty ran out october 2019). Please help. 

• 

25.7K Posts

February 13th, 2021 02:00

Hi, I see you’re looking for technical assistance. If you require our help, you could initiate a private/direct message with us, and we’d be glad to assist you.

1 Message

February 13th, 2021 02:00

This issue started happening to me. Did you get a resolution?

April 1st, 2021 06:00

Hi - I am also having an identical issue as you. I did the diagnostics and it's not a hardware issue. WAs there a solution?

1 Message

April 13th, 2021 22:00

Same here - it started yesterday out of the blue, and I could not find any resolutions anywhere. 

there is a similar issue - but for xps 9380, not 9360 - which was last updated by dell a few days ago. 

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-il/000137639/how-to-resolve-flickering-screen-or-display-on-dell-xps-9380

but that driver is probably not compatible with the 9360 - so we need a separate resolution here... 

April 14th, 2021 02:00

Yeah I tried reinstalling various drivers but didn't manage to find a solution.

The flickering doesn't happen when it's plugged into an external monitor, so that's my interim solution for now.

Good luck with your issue!

1 Message

July 24th, 2021 12:00

I am having exactly the same issue. Tried everything to fix it! Can somebody from Dell please look into this, as it is obviously a software issue!

1 Message

October 23rd, 2022 14:00

My screen also started flickering, pretty much immediately after a number of dell updates were finally installed. Any Solutions?!

7 Posts

February 25th, 2023 09:00

It is now 2023 and DeLL hasn't come up with a concrete solution for this.

8 Posts

September 25th, 2023 20:11

My 6 years old dell XPS started this problem. Is screen or Iris HD 620 problem ? 🤔 Might just get new screen if I know it's screen problem.

11 Posts

August 15th, 2024 15:24

This problem hit me almost 2 years ago.

I tried all the obvious things as mentioned. I eventually contacted Dell and was told I needed a new screen, associated PCB which meant a new Laptop lid assembly. Bought this, which unfortunately was the start of a long hassle with Dell which I did not get resolved.

My laptop worked fine initially but a few months later the fault appeared again. I tried reloading all the drivers again to no avail. Removed the screen and lid again and re assembled ensuring every connector was as  clean as I could make it and put a thicker gasket under the screen connector cable clamp to ensure the large connector was connecting evenly with the socket.

The only way I can get the laptop to operate without flashing is to put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.

In reloading the drivers via the Dell website it identifies my laptop as running W10 which is incorrect. It was upgraded to W11 by microsoft which accepted the laptop as 100% acceptable for this upgrade. I dont know if there is any connection with the flashing being associated with a W11 upgrade. My temperature test suggests to me a mechanical issue with connectors or components, perhaps the flow soldering on one of the PCB's

My experience with Dell in trying to get this resolved has left me now looking at other manufacturers for a replacement Laptop. Running with this unit connected to an external monitor is a real pain.

Ianmac

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

August 23rd, 2024 23:12

@2ianmac5​ ok, i am also experiencing screen flickering on windows 11 but it still usable I just hope that it wont get worse

No Events found!