Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 2nd, 2019 00:00

XPS 15-7590, Killer Wireless 1650, WiFi issues

I am facing WiFi issues with my newly bought XPS 15 7590 and the Killer Wireless 1650 WiFi card. Installing latest Windows 10 and Dell Updates, replacing Dell WiFi Drivers by Killer Drivers (Aug 2nd) did not fix the problems.

On some WiFi I only can connect, if I disable ac/ax in the card driver properties or set the 2.4 GHz to 802.11b or  802.11g (Otherwise Windows keeps prompting for WPA key, even if it is correct).  On others the connection frequently drops for 1-2 seconds and then reconnects, even if I am just browsing (no heavy load on the card).

Did someone also encounter such WiFi issues with this hardware? (And probably already has as solution, besides replacing it with an Intel WiFi card?)

Thanks,

Irgi

12 Posts

April 3rd, 2020 06:00

Hi Nicholas, and thanks for the reply. You do realize all the things you asking end users to do, in order to make your WIFI card work right?

I am already on the latest bios, latest Win10 1909.  I've tried the Dell drivers and Killer's drivers. I've used the uninstaller each time as well before installing a different version. I've opened a support ticket on your website as well and submitted the diagnostics. That was earlier this week.

April 3rd, 2020 13:00

@Rpmurph8300 Thank you for your response, and feedback. We fully understand what we are asking end users to do. We also ask them to follow the proper steps to troubleshoot the issue so we can identify and resolve them. You have done more than the average user, and we appreciate you taking those steps. I found your ticket, and will look over the Diagnostic and respond. Thank you again for your time and patience.

Nicholas with Killer Networking.

3 Posts

April 7th, 2020 14:00

I've been having this same issue for about 6 months now. Interesting fact, the Killer only works on 5GHz networks, but not in the 2.4GHz. 

April 8th, 2020 00:00

@Hivarito Thank you for your message on this, can you please submit a trouble ticket with our support so we can help you with the issues you are describing? Also can you provide a Diagnostic, and information on your current network at home so we can assist. 

Thank you again for your time - Nicholas at Killer Networking.

12 Posts

April 21st, 2020 21:00

Which card did you go with and have you had any issues? Thanks.

No Events found!