Whether you are typing a word document, working on an excel spreadsheet, or gaming, a keyboard is an essential input device. Keyboards can be connected to a computer using USB, Bluetooth, a dedicated wireless USB dongle, or integrated to the laptop. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, the suggested quick steps might help.
- Key presses are responding slowly
- Key presses are typing characters intermittently or typing incorrect characters
- Keys on the keyboard does not respond
Here are a few quick steps that you can take to resolve your keyboard issue
Try each step and check if your keyboard issue is resolved. If the issue is not resolved, proceed to the next step.
- Reseat the USB cable of the keyboard or the wireless USB receiver that came with the keyboard.
- For wireless or Bluetooth keyboard, install new batteries.
- Save any data, close any open programs, and restart the computer.
- Optimize your Dell computer using the SupportAssist application that is installed on your computer. If SupportAssist is not available on your computer, proceed to the next step.
- Go to Dell.com/support/drivers, download and install the latest BIOS and latest drivers for your Dell computer.
- Download and install the latest operating system updates.
- Run the SupportAssist hardware test on the keyboard. If the test fails, contact Dell Technical Support.
If these quick steps did not resolve your issue, we have more detailed information in the additional resources. You can also search for content related to the issue using the search bar at the top of this page.