This guide gives a brief description on the functions and features of Dell Data Guardian.
Dell Data Guardian
v1.2 or Later
Affected Operating Systems:
Dell Data Guardian is a centrally managed enterprise solution that offers protection for office documents through:
- Office documents retain encryption no matter where the data resides.
- Data owners digitally generate a key for each protected office document, allowing for data accountability and auditing.
- Data owners or product administrators can collaborate with external parties by granting access to the protected office document.
- Data owners can determine when users can view the protected office document by setting embargo (time-to-live) dates.
- Product administrators can prevent unauthorized parties from viewing the data by restricting print and export functionality.
Note: Some questions may redirect you to a different page due to the complexity and length of the answer.
The system requirements for Dell Data Guardian vary between Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. For a complete listing on each platform’s requirements, reference Dell Data Guardian System Requirements.
Click the appropriate Dell Data Guardian version for a list of supported extensions.
.docx, .docm, .ptx, .xlsx, .pptm, .xlsm, and .pdf.
Note: On Dell Data Guardian for Mac, PDFs must be protected by dragging the file to Finder.
.docx, .docm, .ptx, .xlsx, .pptm, and .xlsm.
The log collection process for Dell Data Guardian varies between Windows and Mac platforms. For a comprehensive walkthrough for each platform, reference How to Collect Dell Data Guardian Logs.
The uninstall process for Dell Data Guardian varies between Windows and Mac platforms. For a comprehensive walkthrough for each platform, reference How to Uninstall Dell Data Guardian.
To contact support, reference Dell Data Security International Support Phone Numbers.
Go to TechDirect to generate a technical support request online.
For additional insights and resources, join the Dell Security Community Forum.