No cause information is available.
Intel Rapid Storage Technology is a Windows-based application that provides improved performance and reliability for computers that are equipped with SATA disks for desktop, mobile, and server platforms. When using one or multiple SATA disk drives, you can take advantage of enhanced performance and lower power consumption. When using more than one disk, you can increase protection against data loss in the event of disk failure.
Back to Top
- Intel Rapid Recover Technology - This technology provides full data redundancy by copying data from a designated source drive (primary disk) to a designated destination drive (that is, recovery disk). Data updates of recovery volumes can be continuous or on request.
- Intel Rapid RAID - This technology provides the ability to create RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10 volumes on desktop and mobile platforms. Data is distributed across two or more disks to provide data redundancy or to enhance data storage performance.
- Intel Matrix RAID Technology - This technology allows two independent RAID volumes to be created on a single array. The first volume occupies part of the array, leaving space for the second volume. The array may consist of two to six SATA disks depending on the volume types.
- Native command queuing - A feature that allows SATA disks to accept more than one command at a time. When used with one or more disks that support NCQ, storage performance is increased on random workloads by allowing the disk to internally optimize the order of commands.
- Disk capacity greater than two terabytes (if that size is supported by the option ROM) - This feature provides support for hard disks and solid-state drives with a capacity greater than 2 TB that are reported as pass-through devices (available) or used in a RAID configuration. In addition, booting from a computer disk greater than 2 TB is allowed as long as the version of the option ROM in your computer supports this feature.
- Password-protected disks - This feature provides high-level security and protection for the data on your disks with a password, denying access from any unauthorized user.
Back to Top
Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) is an interface specification that automatically allows the storage driver to enable advanced SATA features, such as Native Command Queuing and Native Hot Plug on the SATA disks connected to your computer. The following features are supported on AHCI-enabled computers:
- Native command queuing
- Hot plug
- Disk capacity greater than two terabytes (if that size is supported by the option ROM)
- Password-protected disks
Back to Top
- Status - This is the main screen where you can determine the status of your storage devices.
- Manage - This area displays detailed information about each element that is part of the storage computer, such as volumes and disks; the storage computer view shows how the selected element relates to others. Each element has its own 'Manage' area which is accessible by clicking any element that is displayed in the storage computer view under 'Status' or 'Manage'.
- Accelerate or Performance (depending on the version) - You can configure an internal solid-state drive to be used as a nonvolatile intelligent caching for a disk or a volume present on your computer. Moving frequently accessed data over to the cache allows you to improve overall computer performance, increase read/write access speeds, and reduce start-up times without adding more system memory.
This feature also increases the power efficiency of a mobile computer by retaining stored data and reading data from the cache instead of the SATA disk itself.
- Preferences - System preferences allow you to decide whether you want the notification area icon to display. In addition, you can select the types of notifications you want to receive, such as storage computer warnings or errors, and be notified of any reported problems while the application is closed.
Back to Top
Out of warranty? No problem. Browse to the Dell.com/support website and enter your Dell Service Tag and view our offers.
NOTE: Offers are only available for US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, China, and Japan personal computer customers. Server and Storage not applicable.