Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

4 Posts

April 7th, 2021 12:00

Inspiron 7506 constant graphics driver related BSODs

I get constant BSOD, system_service_exception, along with others. Happens every day or two. Is utterly infuriating. Computer is almost unusable.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION igdkmdnd64.sys igdkmdnd64.sys+294c65 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+3f5db0

Anyone else having these issues?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

Disable Fast Startup.

At bootup, tap F12 and run Dell Diagnostics.

Already tried that, no issues detected.

Fast startup has nothing to do with this.

• 

25.1K Posts

April 7th, 2021 13:00

Hi,

I have replied to you from a private message.

-Gautam.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

April 7th, 2021 15:00

286 Posts

April 7th, 2021 18:00

HI

kindly restart pc and run OS recovery thanks

do acccept kudos and acceptance if okay

April 8th, 2021 19:00

I already tried a windows wipe.

I disabled fast start up days ago and still had BSODS.

I think the issue is that dell has not provided a working driver for the integrated intel Xe graphics.

3 Posts

April 22nd, 2021 13:00

Many people have this issue and Dell is no help. Try to search Reddit forum about this. We just returned the second machine. Problem might be Intel Xe xmax graphic card. Some tried to disable that card and it seems works. Get a refund while you can or disable the graphic card until there is a solution. Latest bios and driver didn't solve the problem.

April 23rd, 2021 05:00

Hello people.

I have updated to the newest bios update from april 13 along with the new driver from the same date.

I have Xe max disabled.

No BSODs for like a week now.

May 7th, 2021 08:00

Hi,

I have had the same issue. Do you have any way to solve this?

Best Regards

Marcelo Lima

4 Posts

May 23rd, 2021 05:00

Yep have the issue too, have multiple BSODs every week, can happen any time, but one of the things that I dread now is opening Photoshop, as that is more likely to trigger it, it like a game of Russian roulette when opening it, as it always seams 50/50 if I trigger it.  

8 Posts

July 9th, 2021 13:00

I have purchased a new Inspiron 7506 2n1 just the week before last. This week alone, I have experienced no less than 6 of these incidents.

After running WinDbg Preview this evening, I see that it has been caused by the igdkmdnd64 module.

If this has been a problem now since earlier this year, WHY on earth have Dell not fixed the issue?

8 Posts

August 13th, 2021 15:00

Maybe a proper fix here... -
I've noticed that Dell are only updating the Iris XE driver - NOT the Iris XE MAX driver!!!
It's been the same driver since December 2020...!
I suspect this is because Intel renamed the driver for the XE Max to DCH driver or something. They still list the MAX driver but it's the same old December 2020 one!
HERE is the current driver that is for the XE MAX series GPU. I've installed it a couple of weeks ago and so far NO BLUE SCREEN!!! Also fans are running less. Overall it seems a happier laptop.

Here's hoping this is what was wrong all along! I.e. Dell only updating the XE bit and not the MAX bit...!

November 15th, 2021 20:00

Same issues...Dell is . Interesting read here:  http://www.calloutreport.com/?post=Dell+Laptop+Nightmare

November 15th, 2021 20:00

Same issue...Dell is . Interesting read here: http://www.calloutreport.com/?post=Dell+Laptop+Nightmare

No Events found!