Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

3 Posts

October 17th, 2018 18:00

Inspiron G3 15-3579, randomly freezes

My laptop that I bought back in August has this reoccurring problem that occurs more and more frequently. It randomly freezes and nothing works, not even ctrl+alt+delete. However if i simply unplug the power supply or shut the lid and reopen it, it works perfectly fine. Anyone else notice this problem or know a solution? 

Current Config:

Intel i7-8750h

1050 ti 

PC 401 NVME SK hynix 512 GB

1 Message

November 6th, 2018 23:00

same for me... but dell seems to not know the answer...or choose to not look for it

5 Posts

November 7th, 2018 05:00

exactly same thing for me just got a new laptop g3 3579

also problem with external projector, when try to wake it with mouse after sleep many issues with gpu and usb ..

5 Posts

November 11th, 2018 11:00

Same problem here. it freezes while plugin (charging) worse laptop in the world - DELL G3

3 Posts

November 19th, 2018 00:00

Exactly the same symptoms. Freezes randomly, screen on but no mouse pointer or other activity. Sometimes it froze while I was using it (mostly browsing) and others it was just sitting on its' own idling or downloading in the background and I just found it frozen. Intervals and occasions seem completely random. A quick and dirty fix is to remove and then reinsert power supply cable. This restores computer to completely normal operation. But it's extremely annoying and eventually the power supply socket will wear out. Hope Dell can figure this out.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 21st, 2018 03:00

Emumaddog,

To resolve Overheating, Fan Noise, Slow, Lagging, Freezing, Blue Screens on the Vostro 15 7580, G5 (5587), G7 (7588), G3 (3579) and G3 (3779) download the latest BIOS from the Dell Support website.

2 Posts

December 26th, 2018 13:00

Hello there

I also have a brand new Dell G3 and I am experiencing exactly the same problem as described here and here . I did the update of the BIOS as you recommend, and I also did a fresh install of windows but the problem remains.

I am looking forward to your reply,

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 27th, 2018 08:00

Thank you for your message. Have you tried using the system with the native driver to check if the issue persists?

Download & save the Intel graphic & Nvidia driver from support site & save to your desktop

Open device manager – expand display adapter – right click on the Intel driver & click on uninstall (check the box that says delete driver), do the same for the NVidia driver & restart the computer. The system will load with the default driver, you will find resolution changes & gaming will not work. Check if the system freezes.

Install the Intel Graphics driver saved on your desktop & reboot the computer. Check with this driver to see if the issue persist & you can later install the Nvidia driver.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to find service tag.

6 Posts

December 29th, 2018 03:00

Well exactly same thing for me !

I'm sure DELL technicians and moderators are serious guys.
They will not advise us to reinstall and reinstall stupidly.:BigSmile:
They will try themselves and find a real solution.

Because this is not a small problem, it is a freeze each time you wake up (mouse and keyboard) and sometimes after 10 seconds a real blue screen. (even more often with my USB Dlink HUB (new version))
Yes the problem seems to come from the USB ports.

The seriousness and the reliability of DELL is essential is not it.

I hope you think hard about your users before they make DELL the worst publicity

Thanks for us.

January 7th, 2019 07:00

Happening also on my G3, does anyone or does even Dell come across a solution/fix for this one?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 7th, 2019 07:00

Thank you for your message. What is the BIOS version installed?

Do you see any error in event manager, apart from when you manually turn off the computer?

Do you have any external device connected to the computer, anything like a printer or a dock?

Open task manager – click on the startup tab – disable all options including the anti-virus, reboot the computer & check if the issue persists.

Please run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link & check if there is an error.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

January 7th, 2019 17:00

Anyhow will try to make it shorter just to provide you details

-BIOS info: Dell Inc 1.5.1, 1/11/18

-Printer sometimes connected, but we would unplug it if not in use. Only peripheral usually connected is mouse.

-Disabled all startups including AV but sometimes issue would still occur out of the blue.

-No hardware issue found after diagnostic

- Will send a DM of the Service tag 

January 7th, 2019 17:00

Kindly adjust settings of your community site. I have answered your query but was removed and marked as SPAM. *sigh I was not able to retrieve and save a copy of it from the history. too bad it was a long post. explaining answers to your query. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 8th, 2019 04:00

I apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through the reposting. Please share a screenshot of the event manager screen along with the service tag.

Open Dell Support Assist & run a stress test on CPU & GPU, check if there is any sudden spike in the temperature or if it remains constant along with the FPS.

January 8th, 2019 06:00

I have DMed you the service tag. 

I have also finished running the  Dell support assist stress test. Seems there is no hardware issues or whatsoever. 

Just want to know if why and what would be the fix for this sudden freeze that needed the laptop charger to be plugged in and sometimes it is the other way around. When the charger is plugged a freeze would occur out of the blue and needs the charger to be unplugged to resume operation. 

TOTALLY WEIRD. Hope you could provide fix the soonest as this is getting really FRUSTRATING already. LISTEN to other people here in the community that experience the same issue and kindly put an urgency to this matter as this issue has been going on since 2018.  

4 Posts

January 8th, 2019 13:00

I have the exact same problem. It's a pain to use. Are you still having this problem?

No Events found!