Cyber Resilient Solutions for Mainframe EnvironmentsIntel Innovation Built-in
PowerMax 2500 and 8500 for Mainframe and mixed workloads
Disk Library for mainframe (DLm) release 5.5
DLm now enables organizations to double mainframe virtual tape capacity and leverage Dell DDVE, improving virtual tape TCO.
- Attach up to two PowerMax storage arrays
- Attach up to four PowerProtect DD series storage arrays
- Software defined DDVE enables a wide array of new storage options for DLm
Dell Mainframe Services and Solutions
Dell offers a comprehensive suite of mainframe solutions and services to provide cyber resiliency, data protection, automated recovery and connectivity for your business backed by over 30 years of expertise.
Cyber Intrusion Detection and Protection for Mainframe
Dell zCID, zDP, zCPA and SnapVX technologies enable businesses to detect mainframe cyber intrusions and restore DASD and virtual tape in the event of a cyber-attack while minimizing the amount of space required to do so.
- Dell SnapVX and zDP technologies provides users with immediate access to point-in-time copies of data in the event of a cyber attack
- PowerMax DASD allows users to choose scheduling frequencies that match recovery requirements; as granular as every five minutes with an option to make some or all snapshots
- DLm virtual tape with Power Protect DD storage enables recovery of tape data following a cyber attack, undetected data corruption or human error. Retention lock technology secures tape volume snapshots
- Save time and expense by creating virtual cyber vaults as well as physical cyber vaults at the primary site, disaster recovery site, or a dedicated cyber recovery location
- Time to recover from a cyber event is minimized. Data snapshots are pointer-based and do not require data be copied, moved, or rebuilt using journals
Disk Library mainframe (DLm)
Dell release 5.5 combines massive scalability and new storage options with enterprise class data protection and security for all mainframe workloads.
- Attach up to two Powermax storage arrays, including the new PowerMax 2500 and PowerMax 8500
- Attach up to four PowerProtect DD or Data Domain storage arrays
- GDDR Tape automated fail-over supports multiple DLm sites and enables control of multi-tenant environments
- PowerProtect DD deduplication provides market-leading capacity and replication bandwidth savings
PowerMax DASD for Mainframe
- Cyber Intrusion Detection for Z Systems (zCID) mainframe data anomaly detection works in conjunction with Data Protector for Z Systems (zDP) to protect data from a cyber attack
- Significantly improved storage efficiency with 3:1 compression, more space for cyber protection
- New rackmount model 2500 and model 8500 (standalone) provide up to 3.8 and 10 petabytes effective capacity
- 32Gb FICON connectivity
- IBM zHyperlink Read Connectivity is the fastest data transfer protocol available for mainframe storage
- Up to 2.8x more performance per watt9, $207K in electricity cost savings10 enables Mainframe and open systems capacity allocation on demand, improving storage footprint efficiency
Connectrix FICON Directors for Mainframe
Provide built-in high availability, maximum scalability and unmatched reliability.
- Delivers high performance to keep pace with all-flash storage environments
- 32 to 768 mission-critical ports
- Supports Control Unit Port (CUP)
- FICON Cascading
Resources for Mainframe Solutions
1Based on Dell’s internal analysis comparing PowerMax 2500/8500 cyber detection for mainframe storage to mainstream mainframe competitors, August 2023.
2First al flash DASD array. Guaranteed via Dell Technologies Future-Proof offering
3Based on Dell’s internal analysis of power usage of Dell PowerMax 2500 & 8500 versus power usage of competitive mainstream arrays supporting open systems and mainframe storage, August 2023.