Certain Dell PowerEdge servers require the use of the Dell VMware ESXi Customized Image for the easiest and most reliable deployment of a fully managed server. To determine if your server requires the Dell customized image, refer to ESXi 6.x Image Customization Information
Table of Contents
- What drivers and files are modified or included on the Dell ESXi Customized OEM ISO
- Download the Dell-customized ESXi ISO Image
1.What drivers and files are modified or included on the Dell ESXi Customized OEM ISO
Each ESXi image is a customization of the base VMware image of a particular version. Dell customization of the image includes:
- Modifying files to identify Dell and Dell support.
- Updating the ESXi image with the latest validated asynchronous drivers.
- Updating patches if it addresses a common issue for Dell systems.
It is recommended to use the latest version of the ESXi image available for your Dell system.
2. Download the Dell-customized ESXi ISO Image
To download the Dell-customized ESXi ISO image, perform the following steps:
Go to dell.com/support and select your product from Product support section.
Click on the Drivers & Downloads tab.
Filter the request with "VMware" operating system and "Enterprise Solutions" in the Category field. Alternatively it is possible to use the keyword "ESXi".
Expand the VMware ESXi link and click on download (Figure 1 (English-only)).
: Downloading the Most Recent Recovery Image
For example: Here is the download link of Dell-customized Esxi 6.0 in our website for your reference.
To install ESXi, boot on the ISO file and follow the instructions. Alternative methods can be used to boot on the ISO file: