Low video frame rates (Frames Per Second = FPS), video frame drops, pixelated video, and discrete graphics processors (video card) not being detected.
Previous video driver installation conflicts, outdated driver versions, or corrupt driver files.
Video Driver Installation
If your computer is having video issues, using the "Clean Install" option when installing Nvidia drivers can help resolve these issues. This option is better than using a third-party solution or Dell SupportAssist.
- Download the latest version of the Nvidia video card driver that is available from either: Dell Support or Nvidia.com
- The following article can be used to identify what Nvidia card is installed in your computer: What Parts Are In My Dell System?
- After you download the video driver, Double-Click it to start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until presented with the "Installation Options" window (Figure 1).
- Select Custom (Advanced) then click Next.
- On the next screen, you will be given a choice of components to install. These should all be checked by default, leave them all checked (Figure 2).
- Under the "Select Driver Component" table, check the box "Perform a Clean Installation," and click Next (Figure 2).
- Complete the installation and then restart your computer.
If you have further questions about this article, contact Dell Technical Support.
Back to Top