Online Support Overview
The online support site (Dell.com/support) is a password-protected services portal that provides access to a suite of tools and content to optimize Dell products and obtain technical information and support when needed.
Registering for an account with Dell provides:
- Access to entitled software
- Access to Dell CloudIQ service
- Visibility to restricted knowledge-based articles and other content
- Ability to create business service requests either directly or by Live Chat.
- Features to view and manage service requests for your organization.
- Access to advanced services information in the MyService360 feature
- Visibility to company preferences
- Ability to manage both company preferences and contacts for your organization (if a Company Administrator)
Account Status and Types
There are different types of accounts depending on your relationship with Dell. A checkmark next to your name on the sign-in icon indicates this. If there is no checkmark, sign in to Dell Support
. If you have not yet registered, follow the steps below for New User Registration for Business Users. For basic user access, register your email address by the sign-in menu at Dell Support
The account types are:
|Basic user (green checkmark): A user who is not connected to a business, either as a customer or partner. This may be an account that is used only for Dell products that are purchased for personal use. Anyone with a valid email address can create such an account.
If there is a green checkmark next to your name on the sign-in icon for the site and you must UPGRADE your account for business-level access, follow the steps below for New User Registration for Business Users.
|Limited access user (yellow or orange checkmark): An account that is not fully configured for business access.
If there is a yellow or orange checkmark next to your name on the sign-in icon for the site and you are using a business-specific email address, you must seek Dell assistance by contacting Administrative Support to have your account upgraded. Follow steps below for Contacting Administrative Support to Upgrade Your Account Type.
|Dell Enterprise Customer or Partner (black checkmark): As an employee of a company or organization that has either purchased Dell Technologies products or is a Dell Partner, the black checkmark next to your name on the sign-in icon for the site indicates that your account is set up as a business account; no further action is required.
|When accessing Dell.com/support, the user login appears with a blue checkmark: See Dell Support to verify your account type; checkmark changes to the relevant user type color.
New User Registration for Business Users
In order to have full access to all the features and content available for your organization, you must register for an online account. If you choose not to complete the full registration, you still have access to Dell Support, but with only a subset of features and content.
- Navigate in your browser using this link: Create an account.
- In the Create an account section, enter the required details, and then click Create Account. If you have already registered with a basic account, enter the email address and the password.
Note: Use a valid business email address for your organization, for example, username@yourcompanydomain .com. Hosting company domains like gmail .com result in limited access.
- An automated email with a one-time numeric validation code is sent to the registered email address.
- Type the Validation code in the Enter Validation Code field and click Validate Account.
- If account type has a green checkmark, ensure you are LOGGED OUT, and use STEP 1 above to get the correct link to start your registration or update process.
- Select the option Company email: I am using a company email for a company that has purchased Dell Technologies enterprise products or training on the Additional Access Rights Required page, and click Submit. If you are an employee of a Dell partner company or want to become a partner, choose that option and follow the references that are provided.
Figure 1: Access Rights Required
- Enter the Business account registration information.
Figure 2: Business account registration
- For most users, your account is automatically enabled for proper access, and you receive an email confirmation that setup is complete. After the confirmation email is received, you can log in and have full access as a business employee.
Figure 3: Business account created
- For some companies and government entities you, see a list of organizations to choose from. Select the entry that matches your business unit.
Figure 4: Select your organization.
- If you are the first person from your organization to register, a company profile must be set up, in which case you are prompted to provide some details about your organization.
Figure 5: Submit your Organization Information.
- For additional information, providing a serial number or service tag for one of your Dell products facilitates the process. This information is used to set up a profile for your organization. This should only take a day or two, after which you have access to all the online support features for your company, including MyService360.
Contacting Administrative Support to Upgrade Your Account Type
In order to have your account type upgraded from a limited access account (yellow or orange checkmark) to a business account (black checkmark), you must click this Administrative Support link to directly engage Dell customer services. Dell customer service validates the account settings and enables the business user access.
- Select Account Access Issues from the drop-down menu. You must have completed the registration AND be logged in to see this option.
- Click Create Service Request.
- Provide the following information in the Create Service Request dialog that appears:
- Phone number: <your contact number>
- Preferred contact method: Choose email or phone.
- URL you want to reach: Dell.com/support
- Request Summary: <add the following information>
- Purpose: Enable business user access for my account.
- Dell device service tag or serial number: See Dell article How to locate your service tag or serial number.
- Company Name: <provide company name>
- Equipment Site Address: <site address>
- Submit the request when complete.
- You receive an automated email response from Dell Technologies with the case number and links.
A representative will contact you regarding your question or problem within 48 business hours.
Your Service Request Number is: 12345678
Customer service response times can take between 24 to 48 hours over the course of standard business days to complete validation and enable the account. Follow up queries from Dell customer services may occur if additional information is required.
Watch this video: