Our Support Request online option creates an in-warranty repair request for your Dell PC if you have run a diagnostic test to identify the issue. You can also monitor the activity related to the Support Request and also communicate with Dell Support on the support history page.
Submitting an support request for an in-warranty issue with your Dell PC just got easier with Service Request Online. Submit a support request on the web and a Dell representative will respond to your request within one business day. You can also save time by running hardware diagnostics on your Dell PC and submit the results within Service Request Online which can help our Dell representatives diagnose the issue quickly. With Service Request Online, monitor all activity related to the Service Request and also communicate with Dell on the support history page. For more information, refer to the How to create a Support Request Online section below.
Submitting an support request online is available for select Dell products. If unavailable, use an alternate contact method to reach Dell Product Support
How to create a Service Request Online?
- Browse to Contact Dell Support page.
- Identify your Dell product:
- Click Download & Install SupportAssist and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Under Search for your product, enter the Service Tag and click Search.
- From the drop-down list, select the symptom or component corresponding to the issue.
- Click Create Service Request.
Note: Dell recommends that you run SupportAssist diagnostics (if applicable). You may also choose to skip the diagnostics (if available). However, you may be required to run a hardware diagnostic later in order to diagnose the issue and receive further support.
- Enter the details in the following fields of the form and click Submit.
- Operating system - Operating system currently installed on your Dell PC.
- Issue details - Give a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing on your Dell PC.
- Attachment - Attach screenshots or log files that may help technical support diagnose the issue.
- Contact Information - Provide your current contact information. This will help Dell representatives follow-up efficiently.
How to create Support Request online - image in English only
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the sections below for more information. Alternatively, click on Show all or Hide all, to expand or close all the sections simultaneously.
The file types that are supported for attachments in Service Request Online are:
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
- Microsoft Word document
Maximum file size supported is 15MB.
Dell recommends that you run the hardware diagnostics (where applicable). The diagnostic results will help Dell representatives diagnose issues quickly and help save your time.
You may also choose to skip the diagnostics (if available), however you may be required to run the diagnostic later in order to receive further support.
To review the support history for a Dell PC:
- Visit Find Support Requests page.
- Click Sign In and sign in to your Dell account.
Alternatively, you can enter the Service Tag of the Dell PC and email address used to create the service request.
Or, click Detect PC to identify your Dell PC and follow the on-screen instructions to install the SupportAssist application. Refer to the Dell knowledgebase article Dell SupportAssist for more information.
- Change the second drop-down menu to Filter by date created.
- The service requests will be listed in the order that they were created.