Learn how to get the best performance from your Dell system installed with Ubuntu. Also learn how to troubleshoot and diagnose any issues that you may come across during the use of this operating system.Diagnostics
- Dell Computers come with diagnostic tests and indicators that are built into the various systems hardware. These can show from audible beeps and visible blinking LEDs to a partition in the BIOS which contains a suite of self-test checks.
- Built in self-test software:
- Note that the Dell Online Diagnostics do not currently support Linux Operating Systems (including Ubuntu).
How To and General Info
- The guides below cover basic troubleshooting steps for common problems, using Ubuntu on Desktop and Mobile devices:
Download Software and Drivers
- Dell supplies How To and reference guides to help Ubuntu users to handle certain common situations.
- How To Guides:
- Reference Material:
Ubuntu Support Sites
- Most of the drivers required to run Ubuntu on the Dell systems are native or installed from factory. We recommend having the latest drivers and software updates for your PC as these may include enhancements to maintain optimum performance.
Visit the Dell Download Center page for downloading Dell applications and tools. Optional drivers and applications are available from the Ubuntu Software Center.
Ubuntu ISO images are also available for Dell XPS, Precision, Latitude, and OptiPlex systems with Ubuntu installed from factory.
- Find other sources of information
Our comprehensive videos offer step-by-step support and information to resolve your query. Videos are in English. Translated subtitles available for some languages. More videos can be found in our Video Library