Do not turn off your computer or disconnect from the power source while updating the BIOS as this could harm your computer. During the update, your computer will restart and you may briefly see a black screen.
Before updating, please read the installation instructions and important information noted below.
Dell Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme 7414/5414 and Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme 7214 System BIOSRestart required
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.
Note 2: Do not turn off the power or interrupt the BIOS update process during the update.
Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment.
Download and Installation
1. Click Download File, to download the file.
2. Click Save to save the file to your hard drive
3. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
The system restarts automatically and updates the BIOS at the system startup screen. After the BIOS update is complete, system restarts again.
Updating the BIOS from the BIOS Boot Menu (independent of operating system)
1. Copy the downloaded file to a USB drive. The USB drive does not need to be bootable device.
2. Insert the USB drive into any USB port.
3. Power on the system.
4. At the DELL logo screen, press F12 to access the one-time boot menu.
5. Select BIOS Flash Update in the Other Options section.
6. Click the ... button to browse the USB drive to locate the downloaded file.
7. Select the file and click Ok.
8. Verify the existing system BIOS information and the BIOS update information.
9. Click Begin Flash Update.
10. Review the Warning message and click Yes to proceed with the update.
The system restarts and displays a Flash Progress bar at the Dell logo screen. The system restarts again when the Flash update is complete.