Having a paper jam is never a pleasant experience. Following the instructions in this article helps you resolve a printer paper jam.
Downloading and viewing the manual as to what printer paper works in your printer will help prevent you from having another paper jam.
Table of Contents:
- Resolving Printer Paper Jams
- Downloading and Viewing Printer Manuals
1. Resolving Printer Paper Jams
- Turn the printer off and unplug the printer from the AC outlet.
- Open the printer and check the paper path for a paper jam or misfeed.
- Refer to the paper path diagrams usually located on the inside cover for key areas or your printer manual, for additional information about accessing the printer's manual refer to the Downloading and Viewing Printer Manuals section.
CAUTION: Internal printer components can be extremely hot! Handle with CAUTION
- When the paper appears as crumpled or waded up, carefully remove all the jammed paper.
- When the paper appears to be angled incorrectly, it may be misfeeding through the printer, remove the sheet of paper.
- Remove the paper stock and reinsert the paper, make sure the paper guides are adjusted correctly.
- Close the printer covers.
- Plug the printer into the AC outlet.
- Turn the printer back on.
If the printer still indicates a paper jam, repeat steps 1 through 6.
- Resend the print job.
Back to Top
2. Downloading and Viewing Printer Manuals
Your product's manuals, user guides, and other documentation contain much of the information that you need to get the most out of your Dell printer.
To get a concise list of manuals and guides for your specific Dell printer, perform the following steps.
- Browse to the Dell Product Manuals page.
- You are given two options to obtain one or more manuals and guides for your Dell printer.
- Enter the Service Tag, or Printer Model, and then touch or click the Search button, and select your printer from the list. For information about how to locate your printer Service Tag, refer to Dell Knowledge base article How to Find the Service tag on a Dell Printer.
The SuppostAssist function to automatically identify your Dell product does not work with printers.
- Touch or click Browse all products:
- Touch or click Electronics & Accessories.
- Touch or click Printers & Accessories.
- Select your printer model (the model number of your printer is shown on the front of the printer).
- When you get to the product support page for your printer, touch or click the DOCUMENTATION tab.
- Select View PDF or HTML next to the manual or guide that is desired to start the download. When one or more manuals or guides are available in other languages, a Drop Down menu will allow you to change the language.
Most manuals and guides come in the PDF format and is the easiest way to view the manual or guide. When a PDF reader is not already installed, a PDF reader (Acrobat Reader) is available for free from Adobe
Back to Top