Dell Command | Configure 4.0 or later requires platforms supporting WMI-ACPI BIOS. The complete functionalities of Dell Command | Configure is available for the supported platforms, refer the Supported Platforms
for more information.
Ensure SMM Security Mitigation BIOS Feature is Disabled on applicable platforms running Linux operating systems. Dell Command | Configure on Linux operating systems will not work as intended if SMM Security Mitigation BIOS feature is Enabled.
Dell Command | Configure 4.1 or later Supported Features Nomenclature (Names along with its Configuration Possible Value Names) have been refreshed across CLI and GUI. Dell Command | Configure even though is Backward Compatible for the Older Nomenclature, it is highly advisable to migrate/create Scripts to start using these Newer Features Nomenclature.
View the complete list of the Newer and the Older Nomenclature Knowledge Base
Error codes have been changed with Dell Command | Configure 4.1. Please refer updated codes in Downloads section.
For the limited functionalities on non WMI-ACPI complaint platforms, see Windows SMM Security Mitigations Table Compliance section in Dell Command | Configure User's guide.
Dell Command | Configure 4.2.0 or later user might see an error message as "Importing ini file is failing for some features. For more information, check the log." during SCE execution or INI import. This happens when a feature is dependent on other features or needs different environment during configuration. For example - Enabling LegacyOrom when SecureBoot is enabled. To disable SoftGuardEn needs OSMM mode.
Dell Command | Configure is a packaged software application that provides configuration capability to business client platforms.
This product consists of a Command Line Interface (CLI) and Graphical User Interface (GUI) to configure various BIOS features. Dell Command | Configure supports following Windows and Linux operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10, Windows Pre-installation Environment (Windows PE), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, Ubuntu Desktop 16.04, Ubuntu Desktop 18.04, Ubuntu Server 18.04 and Ubuntu Desktop 20.04.
The latest version of Dell Command | Configure is v4.4.0.
Dell Command | Configure 4.4 (Released - 12/2020)
- Support for Open a Dell Recommended Package.
- NOTE: The Dell Recommended Package of BIOS attributes must be checked by the organization's security team prior to deployment. Dell is not responsible for security vulnerabilities that may arise which is related to the deployment or modification of the Dell Recommended Package of the BIOS attributes.
- Support for General and Sync options in Dell Command | Configure Settings
- Support for the following new BIOS attributes:
- Updated names of attributes and possible values. Please refer Knowledge Base to see complete list.
NOTE: There are certain features in Pre Enabled category for which the help texts may not be available. However, you can perform get and set operations.
Dell Command | Configure 4.3.1 (Released - 08/2020)
Dell Command | Configure 4.3 (Released - 04/2020)
Dell Command | Configure 4.2.1
Dell Command | Configure 4.2
Dell Command | Configure 4.1
Dell Command | Configure 4.0
1. Activating the TPM with Dell Command | Configure
2. Setting the BIOS defaults using Dell Command | Configure