This Article Provides Information on how to Create a Recovery Drive or Disc for Your Dell Factory Image.
- What you will need
- Create recovery media for your Dell computer
- Use recovery media to factory reset your Dell computer
To create your recovery media, you will need:
- Your Dell Computer
- A Blank 16GB USB Flash Drive, formatted with the NTFS file system
To create recovery media, follow these steps:
- Click Start , then type "create recovery drive".
- Select Create a recovery drive.
- At the "User Access Control" prompt, Select Yes to open the Recovery Drive wizard, making sure to keep the check box next to Back up system files to the recovery drive checked, click Next.
- Connect the NTFS-formatted USB flash drive to an available USB port, make sure that the drive selected is correct, then click Next.
All data on the USB key will be deleted by this process.
- When files have finished copying to the drive, click Finish.
- Remove the drive and store in a safe location.
To use recovery media to reset your Dell computer to its factory state, refer to our Article
"Reset or reinstall Windows 10 on a Dell computer".
Back to Top