Find information about how to download and install device drivers for Dell Performance Docking Station WD19DC/WD19DCS on a PC. Installing or updating the drivers to the latest version ensures optimal performance of the docking station.
Dell Performance Docking Station WD19DC/WD19DCS is a device that links all your electronic devices to your PC using a dual USB Type-C cable interface. Connecting the PC to the docking station allows you to access all peripherals (mouse, keyboard, stereo speakers, external hard drive, and large-screen displays) without having to plug each one into the PC.
Dell Performance Docking Station WD19DC/WD19DCS works with PCs that support Dual USB-C ports that support DisplayPort over USB-C.. To learn how to identify supported Dell PCs with dual USB-C ports, refer to the Dell knowledge-base article How to Use and Troubleshoot Dell Performance Docking Station WD19DC/WD19DCS
You must update your PC’s BIOS and the Dell Docking Station drivers to the latest versions available at Dell Drivers & downloads
website before using the docking station. Older BIOS versions and drivers could result in the docking station not being recognized by your PC or not functioning optimally
Dell highly recommends the following applications to automate the installation of BIOS, firmware, driver, and critical updates specific to your PC and docking station:
- Dell | Update - for Dell XPS PCs only
- Dell Command | Update - for Dell Latitude, Dell Precision, or XPS PCs
Dell WD19DC/WD19DCS dock connection to your PC is required in order for Dell Update to start software updates on the host PC.
Download and install driver for Dell WD19DC/WD19DCS docking station
- Browse to Dell Drivers & downloads page.
- Identify your Dell product:
- Under This PC, click Download & Install SupportAssist or select your Dell product from the list.
SupportAssist automatically identifies your Dell computer. If SupportAssist is not installed, follow the prompts to download and install SupportAssist.
- Or, enter the Service Tag, Serial Number, or Model and click Search.
- Or, click Browse all products and select the Dell product from the catalog.
- Select the Operating System.
- Download and install the latest Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) for the computer. This is available in the "BIOS" section.
To learn more about updating the BIOS on a Dell computer, see the Dell knowledgebase article Dell BIOS Updates
- Download and install the latest Intel or Nvidia or AMD graphics driver for the computer. This is available in the "Video" section.
- Download and install the latest Realtek USB Audio Driver for the docking station. This is available in the "Docks/Stands" section.
- Download and install the latest Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver for the docking station. This is available in the "Docks/Stands" section.
- Restart the computer.
- After the driver update process completes, connect the AC adapter to the Dell WD19DC dock first and then attach the USB Type-C (USB-C) cable to the computer before using the docking station.
If the Dell computer supports Thunderbolt 3, download and install the Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver
and Intel Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update
driver. These are available in the "Chipset
To learn more about installing device drivers, see the Dell knowledgebase article How to download and install a device driver