Features and Design
- Optional GbE and 10 GbE uplink modules enable high-speed connectivity to aggregation or core-layer switches.
- Internal redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and a field-replaceable fan tray with redundant blowers help ensure maximum uptime.
- Eight power over Ethernet (PoE) ports deliver a full 15.4 watts of Class 3 PoE to support IP-enabled telephones, video cameras and wireless LAN access points in converged networks.
- A purpose-built, packet-forwarding-engine application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) consistently delivers wire-rate forwarding, even with all control-plane features enabled.
Virtual Chassis Technology
Up to 10 PowerConnect J-EX4200-48T switches can be connected to create a single logical device supporting up to 480 10/100/1000BASE-T ports plus an additional 20 GbE or ten 10 GbE uplink ports, which helps:
- Ease configuration and management
- Reduce operational costs
- Simplify cabling
- Lower cooling costs
- Conserve data center floor space
A single virtual switch can also be created using the GbE or 10 GbE uplink ports to extend the virtual chassis configuration across long distances, spanning different wiring closets, floors or even buildings.
Junos Operating System
- Highly disciplined, the Junos OS development process uses a single source code, follows a single quarterly release train and employs a highly available modular architecture that prevents isolated failures from bringing an entire system down.
- Fully regression-tested, each new release is a true superset of the previous version. Therefore, whenever Junos-powered products are updated, all existing capabilities will be maintained and operate in the same way.
- Session-based forwarding combines the session state information of a traditional firewall and the next-hop forwarding of a classic router into a single operation, helping to improve throughput and lower latency for session traffic when compared to classic
Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today, the Dell™ ProSupport™* portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
- Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 24x7? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician.
- Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 24x7 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Dell™ ProSupport™ for End Users
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff, this offering includes:
- 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support for your employees
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft® Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Acrobat®
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell™ ProSupport™ for IT
Designed for organizations with dedicated IT staff. Includes:
- 24x7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell's Global Command Centers
|Customization and Set up|
- Installation — Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
- Maintenance — You can upgrade to three years of part or unit hardware replacement, with either same-day, four-hour or next-business-day response.
Drivers, Manuals & Support
From drivers and manuals to diagnostic tools and replacement parts, Dell Product Support has you covered!