Note: This procedure will reset all system settings to the factory defaults. You will need to reset any custom settings in the BIOS. This includes the turning off of embedded RAID controllers and any other integrated peripherals, as well as, the resetting of the system time and date.
How to restore the BIOS (System Setup) defaults on a Dell system:
- Power on the system.
- While the blue Dell logo is visible, press the F2 key key once a second to enter the System Setup.
- Press the Num Lock key, and verify that the Num Lock light is on.
- Press the Caps Lock key, and verify that the Caps Lock light is on.
- Press the Scroll Lock key, and verify that the Scroll Lock light is on. The lights on the keyboard should all be illuminated as in Figure 1.
- Press the Alt and the F keys at the same time. The system will beep as the setup defaults are restored.
- Press the Alt and the B keys at the same time to restart the system. The changes are automatically saved.
Figure 1: Keyboard Layout